The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
What happened to @JScott? Seems like his profile and all his posts are gone?

I guess he could use a dose of humbleness or some human relationship training now and then, but he did share a lot of great info on the forum. Too bad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon3114

Now that I am taking real action, it's becoming more clear to me that someone said in the thread

Business is easy, what's hard is mental struggles
agreed 100%
this st is hard as fk
no plan works as you expect at the beginning,
and not everything that you predicted turned out to be adequate to the obstacles encountered later;
because people's responses are unpredictable -- no matter what you're trying to achieve;

add to that your own flaws and the limiting beliefs you're trying to go through - and it turns out that all that works is to be responsive to whatever you come across ...

one way or another, it all comes down to my thinking on the go;

I'm working on it too

D

Deleted78083

I am finding out there is no worst feeling in life than the one of being dependent on someone else to earn money.

I feel like a slave.

And since the mere fact of existing costs money, anyone who can't find time or a way to earn an income by himself remains at the mercy of who pays him his salary.

I need to get out of this situation asap.

D

Deleted78083

As I am just learning English, I am not in the habit of writing a thread in one go.

Do any of you have the same, and how do you write sketches of your threads that are not yet ready for publication on the forum?

Practice makes perfect. Write the thread, even if there are mistakes.

I guess he could use a dose of humbleness or some human relationship training now and then, but he did share a lot of great info on the forum. Too bad.

This is weird.

I thought that any message typed on the forum would remain, even after the user deletes his profile (like the golden posts from Zen********).

I read the thread yesterday of Jscott story. It was quite insightful.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I am finding out there is no worst feeling in life than the one of being dependent on someone else to earn money.

I feel like a slave.

And since the mere fact of existing costs money, anyone who can't find time or a way to earn an income by himself remains at the mercy of who pays him his salary.

I need to get out of this situation asap.
Looks like you’re not an INSIDERS right now so you won’t know my thread but I often feel the same way, even in my very nice circumstance :)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Libertarians of the fastlane (big L or little l) - and honestly anyone who has an opinion - what do you think about this issue...

My local city council is having a lot of tension over a law that prohibits property owners from parking their vehicles in their yard(s). They say it devalues the property and makes the city look like trash, which is kind of understandable.

Others (myself included) say it is your property and you should be able to do with it what you please (it's hard to explain when the other group just says you want the town to look like trash - which I don't).

Looking for your best takes ;-)

@Kak looking at you brother hahaha

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
My local city council is having a lot of tension over a law that prohibits property owners from parking their vehicles in their yard(s). They say it devalues the property and makes the city look like trash, which is kind of understandable.

Others (myself included) say it is your property and you should be able to do with it what you please (it's hard to explain when the other group just says you want the town to look like trash - which I don't).
And where would you park your car, then? It's a genuine question. I don't live in the US so I don't know how the parking situation is over there.

As for the question, yes. 100% your property = you do whatever you want. But laws like these make you realize nothing is really your property.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

And where would you park your car, then? It's a genuine question. I don't live in the US so I don't know how the parking situation is over there.

As for the question, yes. 100% your property = you do whatever you want. But laws like these make you realize nothing is really your property.
In the driveway or on the curb.

But yes, exactly.

D

Deleted78083

Today I realized I am in the EXACT same situation I was 365 days ago.

This is depressing.

I found out that:

- The year went by super fast.
- I lost a shit load of time

This is profoundly depressing. I have the same goal I had one year ago and did not move one inch closer to achieve it.

I learned how to do a bunch of stuff, yes, but none of them enabled me to earn the first euro.

I am gonna turn 27 and am about to subrent the student room of a 21-year-old girl to do a job I was doing when I was 23.

I lied on the rental contract to rent it out, cuz it's only for students normally.

This is gonna be the worst summer of my life.

And it's entirely my fault.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
This is gonna be the worst summer of my life.

Why? It hasn't happened yet. You can turn it around. Or at least try to. Don't give up before summer even started.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

I'm not sure exactly as it was before my time here. Based on what I've read, I think it could've had something to do with stuff that was said in the original Coronavirus thread. Honestly not sure exactly though. I think there was also drama between JScott and Rivoli and taking bets over who was richer lol.

I read JScott's featured user thread and watched his house flipping video.

You can find JScott on the BiggerPockets Business podcast.

(edited as found explanation thread)
Libertarians of the fastlane (big L or little l) - and honestly anyone who has an opinion - what do you think about this issue...

1623100663158.png

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Looking for your best takes ;-)

@Kak looking at you brother hahaha
What are we asking here? An ideal world?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Just saw someone with the title "chief people officer" on LinkedIn.

That sounds like what I'd expect the lizard people to say.

You aren't fooling me, scaled one.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

While I like the idea of giving people the freedom to make their own choices, adult obesity statistics show that too many people are too stupid to be allowed to do whatever they want.

I slightly agree with the city ordinance - though I'd say that the first two times should be a warning or something (in case someone needs to park their car on it for some reason). I'm pro making neighborhoods look good.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
I unironically love Ron Swanson and wish the actor was really like that
Same here, Nick Offerman couldn't be further from his character (apart from the woodworking part)

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shots at the Shop.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Clearly healthy people under 40… I’m judging you, hard, if you’re still wearing masks.

You’re most likely a communist that, given the political power, would take everything I have at gunpoint.

Yes, this goes through my head every time I see one. And then I hope that covid, if they get it, is everything they feared.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Clearly healthy people under 40… I’m judging you, hard, if you’re still wearing masks.

You’re most likely a communist that, given the political power, would take everything I have at gunpoint.

Yes, this goes through my head every time I see one. And then I hope that covid, if they get it, is everything they feared.

Here you're still forced to have them on if you go inside or you get fined.

However, in the open you can not have them...I think? I don't really know, but when the cops see me without in the open they don't seem to care at all. I'll take it as a pass.

I went for a walk around my town with my mask off (I still had it with me, mind you, it just wasn't on my mouth and nose), and about 20% of the people stared at me like I was carrying the plague.

The rest either didn't care or wasn't wearing a mask.

I see less and less stupid people. Many are not carrying a mask around in the open.

You know the champions who keep a mask on while they are alone in their car? They seem like they went extinct. Thank God.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
is saying "but open to reasonable offers" (re: pricing) after stating your desired price a weak approach?

asking in regards to both low and high cost items.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

It's not the mask-wearing that pisses me off, but the incessant lockdowns.

Malaysia is now in a full lockdown till 14 June because the government caved into 'social outcry'
At first, the government had a more reasonable approach of just having partial lockdowns in heavily-hit areas, plus sending some workers/employees to work-from-home settings. So business could still continue...

Then the social media starting pouring in with tweets on 'road to 10k cases' and '#kerajaangagal'(government fail)

There's plenty to pick with the government, but do people want to be cut down into poverty, just to be safe from a virus that actually has a decent survival rate? I've got a friend who caught COVID, and he recovered in a week with decent rest.

Sadly, most people don't deserve good leaders with strong decisions, because they keep pressuring the ones they already have into making more stupid decisions.

I want a Galt's Gulch to escape to.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It's not the mask-wearing that pisses me off, but the incessant lockdowns.

Malaysia is now in a full lockdown till 14 June because the government caved into 'social outcry'
At first, the government had a more reasonable approach of just having partial lockdowns in heavily-hit areas, plus sending some workers/employees to work-from-home settings. So business could still continue...

Then the social media starting pouring in with tweets on 'road to 10k cases' and '#kerajaangagal'(government fail)

There's plenty to pick with the government, but do people want to be cut down into poverty, just to be safe from a virus that actually has a decent survival rate? I've got a friend who caught COVID, and he recovered in a week with decent rest.

Sadly, most people don't deserve good leaders with strong decisions, because they keep pressuring the ones they already have into making more stupid decisions.

I want a Galt's Gulch to escape to.
You have to wonder how much "social outcry" really exists vs. how much "social outcry" was made up by the Malaysian government as an excuse to take control of the situation and the people.

It's a major opportunity to seize power and take control for public officials. Of course they are going to do it if you let them.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
You have to wonder how much "social outcry" really exists vs. how much "social outcry" was made up by the Malaysian government as an excuse to take control of the situation and the people.

It's a major opportunity to seize power and take control for public officials. Of course they are going to do it if you let them.
yup, there’s an agenda of desiring power as well

Before the outbreaks, the current government came about when a certain key member of the last ruling coalition made a ‘backdoor’ deal with other rival parties.

He then drew his party out of the coalition, and chaos broke out.

We have a constitutional monarchy, so the strangest thing in all history happened…the king had to sit down, meet all politicians and make a decision how to go about it…

Then out of the blue, one of the ministers put his name on the list, roped in the betrayers, and poof, government formed.

I was pleased at first we the people didn’t start rioting or fighting on the streets. Thought we were civilized folks…

but now I wonder if it were better if people did a repeat of the French Revolution…lives would be lost, economy destroyed, but at least we fought?

sometimes I envy you folks for your right to carry arms. Even though there’s the Biden administration with their gimmicks now, they still keep the status quo for now (eg view on China, importance of business)…they know what lines not to cross

G

Guest-5ty5s4

yup, there’s an agenda of desiring power as well

Before the outbreaks, the current government came about when a certain key member of the last ruling coalition made a ‘backdoor’ deal with other rival parties.

He then drew his party out of the coalition, and chaos broke out.

We have a constitutional monarchy, so the strangest thing in all history happened…the king had to sit down, meet all politicians and make a decision how to go about it…

Then out of the blue, one of the ministers put his name on the list, roped in the betrayers, and poof, government formed.

I was pleased at first we the people didn’t start rioting or fighting on the streets. Thought we were civilized folks…

but now I wonder if it were better if people did a repeat of the French Revolution…lives would be lost, economy destroyed, but at least we fought?

sometimes I envy you folks for your right to carry arms. Even though there’s the Biden administration with their gimmicks now, they still keep the status quo for now (eg view on China, importance of business)…they know what lines not to cross
There is a reason why the USA was founded with a right to weapons for citizens.

I wish you had the same right in your country. Ours is at risk too.

Keep your chin up and try to make it a better place, but stay safe.

All the best!

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Screenshot from 2021-06-08 20-12-17.png
wait a second... some lyrics come to mind... yes! this is it!:

"Business doo doo doo doo doo doo doo"!

Quickly, a business plan:
1. Go to biz conference and convince organizator to play it.
2. It goes viral and i pocket Youtube ads (imagine eCPM! Its business niche!).
3. Spend rest of the days at the beach in Bahamas.

P.S. Next time anyone will want to make video on youtube, he should choose his audience wisely.
P.S.2. Some of you already know this.
I'm out of Twittershpere so I stumbled upon on a tweet in some weird way- credit goes fully to Elon.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017