The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
I just got fired today. Already filled out unemployment and will be talking to a labor lawyer.

I'm at the stage where I'm relieved that I dont have to deal with my employer's garbage anymore.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
View attachment 51382

Just to show how bad the RE market is in Toronto/Canada, above this is a Canadian dream bungalow for..

1,429,000 Canadian, or ~1,045,000 American

below here a house in Miami, Florida for..

$1,419,000 Canadian, or $1,049,440 American

View attachment 51379

Genuine question.

which one would you pick?

Sorry, but the photo of the home in Miami is of 3 townhomes. So for the real estate in the photo, it’s $3.15M.

What’s the estimated value of the house to the right in the Canada pic? Looks newer and larger.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Anyone here following the Colorado Buffaloes football team? So far it’s a story written like a movie.

The amount of celebrities attending and watching was crazy.

Last night’s game has got to break viewing records.

IMG_3330.jpeg
IMG_3331.jpeg

From a business angle, the Prime sunglasses is a great story too.

IMG_3332.jpeg

Blenders was planning to launch Deion’s signature sunglasses this week. Then the opposing coach made a statement about them, causing them to go viral.

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Sorry, but the photo of the home in Miami is of 3 townhomes. So for the real estate in the photo, it’s $3.15M.
Whoopsies:p
What’s the estimated value of the house to the right in the Canada pic? Looks newer and larger.
That one? Easily 3 mill if it’s a bit smaller than the bungalow beside it.

Asking price prolly 3.5-4 if it’s a bit bigger.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Whoopsies:p

That one? Easily 3 mill if it’s a bit smaller than the bungalow beside it.

Asking price prolly 3.5-4 if it’s a bit bigger.
The reason I asked is that I was wondering if that house you posted was asking for its land value.

So you can’t just look at the tiny house and say it’s a $1.5m home. It’s really a $1.5m lot and someone will buy it and spend $2m building a big house on the lot.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
The reason I asked is that I was wondering if that house you posted was asking for its land value.

So you can’t just look at the tiny house and say it’s a $1.5m home. It’s really a $1.5m lot and someone will buy it and spend $2m building a big house on the lot.
Yeah I know, but my entire point is that the land value there is immense, the plot is only around 2500 sq ft.

Some other places you can buy acres for less then a mill.

I probably wouldnt buy a bungalow with some extra land for 1.5m, then spend another 2 mill on renovation.

Somewhere else you can probably buy a house with like 4 acres for the same price and Renovate everything for a relative price.

It just everyone’s opinions, it also depends on the area etc.

Who knows, maybe that bungalow is 1 block away from drakes block?

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
Can someone explain to me why the mainstream media is saying the Chinese economy is "in trouble" and that the US economy is "doing awesome"?

China's trade surplus was, in 2022, $576 BILLION.

Meanwhile, the US trade balance was, that same year, NEGATIVE $945.3 BILLION

Also China's problems seem to be very similar to the US, namely:

1. Low growth
2. RE overabundance. The US has the same problem, the only difference is that the RE in the US was purchased with debt to be rented out later to tenants that do not exist.
3. Local and national government debt
4. Low fertility

The only difference between the two is the unemployment. US unemployment is low while Chinese's is high, but that's because the US economy is mainly propped up by the printing machine at this point.

I don't see how the Chinese economy is in trouble when their trade surplus is above most countries' GDP.

IMO trade balance should be the only measure by which one's economy should be judged (along with GDP per capita) since in the long term, deficit will kill the currency.

Unemployment, on the other hand, is pretty meaningless.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, I would have never guessed that Nigeria boasted such a big population, not to mention growth. Of course, this dismisses the elephant in the room which is the general decline of humanity and the assumption that we even survive to 2100, much less 2040.

1695058504555.png

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Wow, I would have never guessed that Nigeria boasted such a big population, not to mention growth. Of course, this dismisses the elephant in the room which is the general decline of humanity and the assumption that we even survive to 2100, much less 2040.

There was an interview where Elon Musk said the world is underpopulated. I thought that was bizarre and made no sense to me. It really makes me wonder why they are pushing that idea. I mean, have these people never been to a third world country. It doesn't look like they need more people.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
It takes a village to raise a child, but who needs a village when you can be an assistant to the regional manager?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Can someone explain to me why the mainstream media is saying the Chinese economy is "in trouble" and that the US economy is "doing awesome"?

China's trade surplus was, in 2022, $576 BILLION.

Meanwhile, the US trade balance was, that same year, NEGATIVE $945.3 BILLION

Also China's problems seem to be very similar to the US, namely:

1. Low growth
2. RE overabundance. The US has the same problem, the only difference is that the RE in the US was purchased with debt to be rented out later to tenants that do not exist.
3. Local and national government debt
4. Low fertility

The only difference between the two is the unemployment. US unemployment is low while Chinese's is high, but that's because the US economy is mainly propped up by the printing machine at this point.

I don't see how the Chinese economy is in trouble when their trade surplus is above most countries' GDP.

IMO trade balance should be the only measure by which one's economy should be judged (along with GDP per capita) since in the long term, deficit will kill the currency.

Unemployment, on the other hand, is pretty meaningless.
USA are doing everything possible to avoid to give in any bad, beware bankruptery.
The money printer works brrrr… more effective than China’s.

The US bubble will burst, too, but later.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
There was an interview where Elon Musk said the world is underpopulated. I thought that was bizarre and made no sense to me. It really makes me wonder why they are pushing that idea. I mean, have these people never been to a third world country. It doesn't look like they need more people.
“Both the jayhawk and the man eat chickens, but the more jayhawks, the fewer chickens, while the more men, the more chickens.”

Humans create more stuff out of the resources they are given, unlike every other animal. As for poorer countries, their main issue isn't a lack of resources usually.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Today I'm amazed that I can have a world class spanish guitar player give me a 40 minute long lesson and talking to me like i'm her friend standing there, giving insightful tips and exercises plus teaching me the piece I wanted to learn, plus telling me how to learn it / having access of a top performer's inner thinking about it. All for free. Crazy times.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSJCXF829Wo&t=533s

Wombat

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 11, 2022
Vic, AU
So Citi Bank is the first bank moving deposits into digital tokens, with Gov blessing.
How long until the Gov restricts what individual tokens can be spent on? Been an annoying boy? No ammo purchase for you. Spending too much? Spending limit for you. Not spending enough? Expiry date for you!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Anyone here following the Colorado Buffaloes football team? So far it’s a story written like a movie.

The amount of celebrities attending and watching was crazy.

Last night’s game has got to break viewing records.

View attachment 51384
View attachment 51385

From a business angle, the Prime sunglasses is a great story too.

View attachment 51386

Blenders was planning to launch Deion’s signature sunglasses this week. Then the opposing coach made a statement about them, causing them to go viral.

Saturday’s Colorado State-Colorado college football game was the largest late night college football audience on record and the 5th-largest regular season audience ever on the ESPN family of networks.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I'm on a school trip in London and holy shit.
This city has got to be the worst place I have ever been to. I went out to clubs with a few guys and girls and most the time we were harassed by disgusting old homeless people and the clubs were full of weird 30+ people. Granted that was at 3am on a Tuesday but even at normal times we these stupid persistent homeless people are always there and refuse to leave for like 5 minutes.
Then there are the crackheads. I step out of the bus and literally com face to face with a creepy old dude who us pulling his pants down (at like 9pm). He then proceeds to shit right on the pavement and tries to grab one of the girls I was with...

At this point I don't even want to leave the hostel lol.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Today I'm amazed that I can have a world class spanish guitar player give me a 40 minute long lesson and talking to me like i'm her friend standing there, giving insightful tips and exercises plus teaching me the piece I wanted to learn, plus telling me how to learn it / having access of a top performer's inner thinking about it. All for free. Crazy times.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSJCXF829Wo&t=533s
I think this is why the current crop of musicians (or whatever you do) is just so darn good. Anyone who is serious about their trade can become an absolute master of it as there is literally an unlimited amount of resources on the subject.

I had tab books as a kid growing up, which eventually turned into online tabs, which exploded into what we have today. Anyone older than me had even less resources. I think about Steve Vai saying he would play like 10 hours of guitar a day as a kid. Imagine that same kid today playing for 10 hours with unlimited teaching resources. Well, you would end up with the crazy 20 year old prodigies that we have today that seem to be a dime a dozen.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I think this is why the current crop of musicians (or whatever you do) is just so darn good. Anyone who is serious about their trade can become an absolute master of it as there is literally an unlimited amount of resources on the subject.

I had tab books as a kid growing up, which eventually turned into online tabs, which exploded into what we have today. Anyone older than me had even less resources. I think about Steve Vai saying he would play like 10 hours of guitar a day as a kid. Imagine that same kid today playing for 10 hours with unlimited teaching resources. Well, you would end up with the crazy 20 year old prodigies that we have today that seem to be a dime a dozen.
I'm sure his tendons must be made of the same stuff as the T1000. Whenever I tried practising that much I'd get nerve/tendon damage :rofl:

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jul 9, 2018

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
This city has got to be the worst place I have ever been to. I went out to clubs with a few guys and girls and most the time we were harassed by disgusting old homeless people and the clubs were full of weird 30+ people. Granted that was at 3am on a Tuesday but even at normal times we these stupid persistent homeless people are always there and refuse to leave for like 5 minutes.
Then there are the crackheads. I step out of the bus and literally com face to face with a creepy old dude who us pulling his pants down (at like 9pm). He then proceeds to shit right on the pavement and tries to grab one of the girls I was with...

Most of the big Western EU cities have to be avoided at this point.

The police doesnt do anything anymore, people in Brussels are now buying illegal weapons to defend themselves.

Refugees, Roms, beggers, sleeping everywhere on the street, drinking, fighting. And now they will bring more of these people because, well, "solidarity", as if we didn't already have enough of them.

Absolute clownery.

The downfall of civilization, broadcasted live.

Edit: "brought to your neighborhood by progressive politics".

Save yourself.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

And just think, this is amongst many thousands of disciplines. The world's knowledge is at your fingertips.

Who wants it?

COME AND GET IT!

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Get the book "Build For Tomorrow" by Jason Feifer, if you have been laid off. Honestly one of the best books I have ever read about career transition and change.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
I finished up a job hiring fair today. Need to do some follow ups and hopefully I can get a new job by end of the week. Heard back from one place and they declined me.

I'm shooting for 2 jobs this time around instead of one. Use my spare time to efficiently work on my business.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

I had an awesome time pub crawling Camden from the Generator hostel, but that was like 8 or 9 years ago. Didn't see anything at all like that luckily.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
1695313743994.png
:party: Actually insane how fast time passed. Love you guys! (no homo)

Do you guys want an "After 1 year of Fastlane Forum" kind of post?

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I had an awesome time pub crawling Camden from the Generator hostel, but that was like 8 or 9 years ago. Didn't see anything at all like that luckily.
I am literally at exactly that hotel lol.
We were in soho though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.