The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Maybe I don’t look very hard, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cop in Canada. Ever.

I see like five every time I drive my truck. They are way overboard here. But you know Texans love their cops. It’s like we have Stockholm syndrome here.

“Thank you officer for telling me I need to go 5 miles an hour slower and charging me $350.”

Its like fishing lmao.

We always see cops on the highway in Canada? On waze, people report where officers are.

We saw about 20 within a 1 km radius.

One time we were in the lane where you can go faster but there needs to be 2 or more passengers, my sister and I were sitting in the back seat and the cops thought my mom was alone.

They began to box her in and then I asked if I can wave hi to them and she rolled down my window.

I saw the police man’s face whip clean of his smirk, he nodded at me, spoke on the walkie talkie, and they left.

Funniest story ever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've been knocked out of commission for the last few days because of this surgery and I'm reminded of this...

“A healthy man wants a thousand things, a sick man only wants one.” - Confucius

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
I've been knocked out of commission for the last few days because of this surgery and I'm reminded of this...

“A healthy man wants a thousand things, a sick man only wants one.” - Confucius

Wow, sorry to hear about your surgery MJ.
Hope you're feeling better now.

Do get back to "commission" as soon as possible....hope you get back to full fitness soonest.

And yeah, that quote is absolutely spot on.
Nothing really comes close to good health, but most people don't realize it.
It only becomes obvious in its absence.

Good reminder for all of us.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022

I cried as I watched the video and browse through the site......
This is The Era, This is the Era of AI.
AI is getting crazy I can see AI being a new form of leverage that you can have, similar to coding

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
AI is getting crazy I can see AI being a new form of leverage that you can have, similar to coding

Yup, especially AI coders are making bank now lol

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I don't spend as much time in here lately so I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but it really did make me smile. I'm by no means into violence and have a bit of sympathy for the guy as you can see he lives a wretched life, but it's great to see people fighting back. I don't even live in the states but it still personally offends me to see scum walking into stores and brazenly stealing.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Sitting in a cramed hostel in Amsterdam rn at 2 am.
After loosing my wallet I almost had to spend the night as a homeless person.

Whole story is coming soon but I am grateful for the experience.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI

Makes ya feel alive don’t it? And gives you great stories!

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

Oh man, some of my best euro trip memories at St Christophers Inn the Winston Amsterdam lol.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
In Belgium, a supermarket chain decided to franchise its shops and all of their employees have been on strike ever since.

Many shops have even completely closed. They're all suing one another.

Why would you hire people in a country where employees get a high salary, you pay 50% of their salary in taxes, they go on strike as soon as you change something, and the laws make it really hard for you to fire them?

No wonder the country is deindustrializing. The unions today vowed to "wage war" on the company.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
You always have options when shit goes bad.

This dude was a biz dev VP for some company. Their revenue tanked and everyone (including the CEO) thought they were going out of business, so he pitched 200 VCs and helped the CEO raise $40M to save the company.

Then the CEO stiffed him on his bonus - a great way to turn your best employees into competitors who want to run you out of business.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oux4EfdGFA

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Has anyone here tried Nord Pass as a password manager? I'm still using LastPass, but it recently expired and I'm not too keen to keep using them.

I've used about 6 different VPN services over the years, and Nord is hands down the best so far (if someone doesn't use it but wants to use my referral code so we get someone out of it at least!). Seeing as their VPN services are so awesome, I was thinking about trying their password manager as well.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Has anyone here tried Nord Pass as a password manager? I'm still using LastPass, but it recently expired and I'm not too keen to keep using them.

I've used about 6 different VPN services over the years, and Nord is hands down the best so far (if someone doesn't use it but wants to use my referral code so we get someone out of it at least!). Seeing as their VPN services are so awesome, I was thinking about trying their password manager as well.
Rightly or wrongly, I use the built-in one for Brave

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Rightly or wrongly, I use the built-in one for Brave
Me too.. Also I use Tor Guard as a VPN it’s been fantastic and cost effective

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Me too.. Also I use Tor Guard as a VPN it’s been fantastic and cost effective
The best thing is the sync chain so that across devices, it maintains passwords and bookmarks (phone, laptop, desktop, tablet).

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
A line from one of my outgoing emails today:

Someone dominates this industry at every given moment. That means dominance is capable of being established… Why aren’t we working on establishing it?

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Instead of driving to the gym the past few times, I've run there and back (a little over 6/10s of a mile). It's in the 90s and humid, but it gives me an enormous high compared to just lifting heavy things.

Also, went on my first group bike ride in a very long time. It was casual, but I ended up doing over 30 miles. An inspiring part was there was an older man who is apparently 82, still riding hard and fit in the heat.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Not sure if this business can recover from the damage, since it was one of their driving instructors.

F3DGlM2WcAAOZLb

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
@MJ DeMarco , I ordered a hardcopy of TMF and Unscripted via Amazon Germany, but they couldn t deliver and will send the money back. Where can I order a hardcopy of the books?

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco , I ordered a hardcopy of TMF and Unscripted via Amazon Germany, but they couldn t deliver and will send the money back. Where can I order a hardcopy of the books?

There is no Unscripted hardback, if there is, it is scam. Perhaps this is why your money was refunded.

TMF as a hardback should be orderable at Amazon Germany.

If none of this works, message me a a shipping address and I can get you a shipped price direct from my office. Be warned though, any shipment overseas will cost 2x-4x the cost of the book.

Thanks for supporting my work!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
There is no Unscripted hardback, if there is, it is scam. Perhaps this is why your money was refunded.

TMF as a hardback should be orderable at Amazon Germany.

If none of this works, message me a a shipping address and I can get you a shipped price direct from my office. Be warned though, any shipment overseas will cost 2x-4x the cost of the book.

I have again ordered TMF . Its a gift for my son, who wants it as a hardback.

Thanks for supporting my work!
You are welcome. I love it.

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Recently I did a lot of marketing on LinkedIn to grow my business. It works well but I am still testing a lot of channels.

I decided to give a try to Twitter/X. Created my account, set up my profile, and then added a couple of small entrepreneurs who may be interested in what I do (and from whom I can learn too).

I tried two days, all I saw was weird jokes on pineapple pizzas and ramen profitability, or mediocre motivation speeches « Marketing is your mother, Sales is your father, show them you’re a worthy son ».

Everybody is copying each other. According to the Twitter « How To » guides I‘ve read, you have to write dozens and dozens of provocative posts/replies every day and hope some folks will follow you afterward. Everyone tries to do so, and the result is very sad.

Either I did not get the principle of it, or I’m definitely not made for social medias. LinkedIn is not perfect, but at least I’ve seen some value given there and there.

Am I missing something?

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Recently I did a lot of marketing on LinkedIn to grow my business. It works well but I am still testing a lot of channels.

I decided to give a try to Twitter/X. Created my account, set up my profile, and then added a couple of small entrepreneurs who may be interested in what I do (and from whom I can learn too).

I tried two days, all I saw was weird jokes on pineapple pizzas and ramen profitability, or mediocre motivation speeches « Marketing is your mother, Sales is your father, show them you’re a worthy son ».

Everybody is copying each other. According to the Twitter « How To » guides I‘ve read, you have to write dozens and dozens of provocative posts/replies every day and hope some folks will follow you afterward. Everyone tries to do so, and the result is very sad.

Either I did not get the principle of it, or I’m definitely not made for social medias. LinkedIn is not perfect, but at least I’ve seen some value given there and there.

Am I missing something?
Is your ideal customer for your business on Twitter?

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Is your ideal customer for your business on Twitter?

I am targeting sales reps, freelancers and entrepreneurs. LinkedIn was the best pick to start as most of them come to it regularly.

But Twitter has a larger user base and everything is more fast paced. I wanted to give it a try.

I think my target is on both sides, but LinkedIn is way more suited for my marketing strategy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.