The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Remember, walls are racist unless you're a tech billionaire funding the politicians ideologically promoting that walls are racist.

Just like Bill Gates and his 4 private jets and his 14 luxury villas spread around the world, the ultimate climate-change eco-warrior for the rest of us.

This is why people hate self-righteous, hypocritical billionaires... sanctimonious rules for you and me, but not for them.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Screw that everyone should be welcomed to the beach. I still say Gates stole from Steve, but that's an debate for another time haha!

JPD donated $50million to a foundation when he sold Patron he's one of my favorite billionaires to date. He's very selfless and kind to people such great basic qualities each person that has the capability to embody and have today. I'd donate to kids whose biological parents gave up their parental rights to the foster care system. Or patients who are on Dialysis or cancer to live out their dreams before their last days.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XWwMr1jYIDE&t=1689s

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Couple observations:

Went for a long bike ride today, and yes it was hot (over 90) in direct sun. But I noticed the majority of other people out were on e-bikes, not simple pedal powered bikes. I'm not sure what to make of it yet. Clearly people are spending 3-5k or more on those things, judging by the models I saw.

Leaving for France soon. Talking to family and they won't shut up about the riots. I was very worried at first but after looking around, I think we'll be fine. I was unprepared for the deluge of negativity about the whole thing.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Good Video is a guy who helped the car dealership niche to solve a need and sold his company called Prodigy. I reached out to him to see if he could point me in the right direction in terms of the technology stack for the newsletter aggregator. I don't want to just take though, I want to find a way to provide value. I'll find a way, let you know how it goes.

EDIT: It is my belief he has read TMF (Mayyyybeee, I could be wrong and totally okay with that :D). He speaks a lot of most concepts. Great Entrepreneur to learn from it. I'd recommend watching all of his videos. Way better than Alex Hormozi IMO. We need guys like him more on YouTube.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msRE5K0X3YA&ab_channel=MichiaRohrssen

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Nice. Generic cookies or some value skew in there?
Reminds me of a Gary Halbert story that I like.

He was teaching a class and asked everyone, okay we are all selling burgers, you can come up with 1 value skew each, and we will see who is the best.

The class start naming skews.

One guy said his will be bigger
One guy said his will taste better
Another said his will be fast
Another said his will be cheap
Another said his will be vegan

Gary said those are great but I think I will still win

I choose a hungry market.

No need to get too cute and creative, just pick a location where people want fresh cookies.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Reminds me of a Gary Halbert story that I like.

He was teaching a class and asked everyone, okay we are all selling burgers, you can come up with 1 value skew each, and we will see who is the best.

The class start naming skews.

One guy said his will be bigger
One guy said his will taste better
Another said his will be fast
Another said his will be cheap
Another said his will be vegan

Gary said those are great but I think I will still win

I choose a hungry market.

No need to get too cute and creative, just pick a location where people want fresh cookies.

Nightclub after student night

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Terrible news for big-pharma, especially here in the states where it is one of the few places they can legally flood the airwaves with advertisements... "Ask your doctor..."

This stuff truly can help alleviate depression, if not, cure it.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
This stuff truly can help alleviate depression, if not, cure it.

I strongly believe that psychedelics are going to be a big part of the future of mental health treatment.

Not only is there strong cases for depression but addiction treatment is another HUGE area of interest.

Not a lot of people know this but the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) was originally used psychedelics as a foundational part of treatment because it was so influential in the founder's recovery. They ultimately pulled that part out for mainstream acceptance sake.

Older studies (that need to be revisited) showed something amazing like 40% success rates in treating addiction - which is absurdly successful in this field. Imagine how crazy it would be if we could get 40% of struggling addicts off their vices?

If we could treat anywhere close to 40% of depression and addiction cases, that's plainly societal-changing.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I saw this on my facebook feed. As Kak says, think bigger:

1689014275916.png

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
2023-12-31

See ISO 8601 - Wikipedia

iso_8601_2x.png

xkcd: ISO 8601
This is how I file stuff needing a date on my computer. 2023.03.05 and so forth. It makes viewing hundreds of files an absolute breeze, as they have the date I need all there and organized automatically, no messing around.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My friend just showed me this website. It's a website where you can rent your yard for dogs to play in. Given the 115 degree temp in Phoenix, yards with pools are in high demand. Price is cheap, about $15 per dog per hour.

But my friend usually goes with more than one dog, because it is for playtime. So I'm guessing they rake in around $25-$30/hr. And the best part is that it mostly occurs when the owners are at work. Their backyard is making $$ for them.

The only extra added expense I see is that you would need to clean your pool filters more often due to the dog hair.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
My mom: you got only a 67% in business class!!!?

I know you like business and are running one right now so you need better business grades so you can go to business university!

And then what mom?

And then you can be an accountant!
Counterpoint: Was your 67% an example of you striving for excellence in all you do?

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Counterpoint: Was your 67% an example of you striving for excellence in all you do?
If I tried my hardest hitting the books 6 hours a day after school it would have definitely been an 100.

But then since I’m putting so much into it I wouldn’t have time for building my business these past months, having fun, or my fitness.

So I won’t strive for excellence if it’s something I don’t care about. If I care, I will try harder than anyone else. This is not a priority at all.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I wonder if the recent story about Amazon deactivating some guys Alexa devices in his house (and deleting his Amazon account) is going to affect the big Amazon Prime sale over the next 2 days.

Who's going to buy Alexa devices when they know Amazon will shut them all off if they decide they don't like you?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
But I noticed the majority of other people out were on e-bikes, not simple pedal powered bikes. I'm not sure what to make of it yet. Clearly people are spending 3-5k or more on those things, judging by the models I saw.
People with e-bikes ride further and more often.

They are just fun, plain and simple. And makes biking accessible to a lot more people.

Well worth the cost for how much most people use them.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Dallas and Fort Worth are for sure different in culture. I'm not use to walking down town Dallas, but I definitely feel different. Everyone is in Dress pants and Dress shirts. While I'm in the office with pants and a gray polo Lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.