The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

*quick story* Keep going, it WILL pay off

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
No, I'm not racking in the millions yet, but something happened to me the other day that made me really think about how far I've come.

Most of you supply the needs physical or digital products, for me ... I supply entertainment via Youtube.

I've hit 40,000 followers and as I was out eating breakfast with my family and an entire family recognized me.

I took a picture with the kids and was treated like a F*cking celebrity! LOL

Now, this blew my mind because I could not comprehend someone viewing me as anyone other than an average joe, but the moral is - a year ago this would have seemed like a pipe dream. It's all coming together.

Shit's gonna get hard and suck from time to time, you're gonna get depressed, you're gonna get enemies and be hated by some.... but the payoff was worth it.

Also, this entire time my dad has sort of doubted my efforts, not in a non-supportive way, but as a skeptic.

When this happened his jaw dropped and hasn't stopped talking about it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Thanks man. It's just a testament that if you believe it you can do it. After that happened, I just thought to myself "Wow... I did this".

Don't ever stop !

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Great story! Keep it going. Whats your youtube channel or is it private?

Bananas

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 1, 2014
Texas
I love this story! Thank you for sharing.

It's especially great that you were out eating with your whole family while you were recognized by another whole family instead of it being one person who recognized you while you were out by yourself. What validation of your efforts! Congratulations.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Thanks guys! Basically, I saw people do comedy gaming and 95% of the humor is catered toward 9 year olds with potty jokes. My stuff is for the more... Mentally developed. I'm going to begin with this and get into acting afterwards. I know it's not a business so to speak, but my dream is to entertain. I figure if it's working through gaming now, in the future (when I can afford it) I will go full force into acting. The income for this is getting better and better though and I love doing it. Just got a new contract with a way better pay rate

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Comedy gaming? like voice over when playing Mario?

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Like, go into games with a persona on. I'll start by saying "yeah know, this game is a little too violent for my taste" (say it's gta) and all absolute hell breaks loose.

The best part? You can hate gaming and still love this. It's truly intelligent humor.

Slipping in small little lines that set people off. They'll be cursing me off and telling me to get out and I'll say "hey pal! I'm not leaving! I paid $89.99 for this just like everyone else". When the game only costs 50 dollars. All hell breaks loose.

Like I said though, the dream is acting. This is just a confidence boost knowing I can truly be entertaining. To all age groups.

I'm not at 1,000,000. But it will happen. You can't stop. And one thing I've learned the hard way.

Don't be entitled.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
If I can offer any help or answer any questions, let me know. Even if it's just a little. You guys have given me a ton of knowledge. So I'll try and give back the little I've gained on my own.

Wuz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Nov 16, 2013
there is a lot of entertainers getting famous and getting professional contracts because of youtube. The people now are the new "agents".

"IF it gets millions views it may be a good bet"

Good Work.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
there is a lot of entertainers getting famous and getting professional contracts because of youtube. The people now are the new "agents".

"IF it gets millions views it may be a good bet"

Good Work.

Well I mean, you've got to think about it .

Some people out there have contracts that give them $8.00 per thousand views.

Bigger youtubers I've seen get up to 4.5 Million views per video, and upload once a week.

That's still $36,000 per video they upload.

That's not bad. If they upload 1 a week for a year, its a 1,872,000 income.

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
I used to be a professional gamer and things like this used to make my day when having a bad one :) Is there any chance of grabbing your youtube link? Dying to see your content.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
I remember speaking to you a while back and you where telling me about that you where getting fed up doing it. Its great to see you've stuck with it and now its paying off especially with your Dad now supporting you and proud as punch!
Keep the good work up mate

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I used to be a professional gamer and things like this used to make my day when having a bad one :) Is there any chance of grabbing your youtube link? Dying to see your content.
Sending a pm to you now !

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I remember speaking to you a while back and you where telling me about that you where getting fed up doing it. Its great to see you've stuck with it and now its paying off especially with your Dad now supporting you and proud as punch!
Keep the good work up mate
Very cool you remember. Yeah, just like everyone else I think I'm gonna go through a depressive slump again, but you need to keep pushing! Hope things have been working out for you as well !

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Cheers mate! Can't wait to see them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Very cool you remember. Yeah, just like everyone else I think I'm gonna go through a depressive slump again, but you need to keep pushing! Hope things have been working out for you as well !
Yeah so its great so see something coming of it. Have you approached any agents or anything about acting yet or trying to do something in that field?
Should make a reel of all your best bits for your channel I could sit and watch it for a hour at least its hilarious the Salesmen is the best
Thanks mate

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Yeah so its great so see something coming of it. Have you approached any agents or anything about acting yet or trying to do something in that field?
Should make a reel of all your best bits for your channel I could sit and watch it for a hour at least its hilarious the Salesmen is the best
Thanks mate
Yeah, I'm on the website "ActorsAccess", and have gotten plenty of call backs. The trouble is, I'm genuinely terrified to go out to New York and act in something. I want to wait till I have the funds to really afford going out there. But trust me, it's not all talk. It will happen.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
I know it will I believe in you mate you've came this far and your not far off your dream take the leap!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.