What's new

Quick money for Guitar Aficionados

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Tea&Toast

Action, Reflection, Repeat
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
41
Location
Canada
Rep Bank
$455
User Power: 244%
Hey all,

First off, I've used this process to completely fund my own amateur recording studio with guitars, basses, (e)drums, mics, pedals, outboard gear, recording interfaces and the like. I live in a small city in a small province so I can see this being viable for all walks of life, which is nice. I started with 350 bones and turned it into about 10 grand worth of gear.

On to the details. I'll try to keep this short and simple, because it is simple. Plus you're all busy.
The process is this: Buy low, sell high.

I developed an interest in vintage (read: old) guitars but this can work for newer guitars and other instruments as well. I love vintage guitars though, and people pay a premium for them.

Step 1: Scour local classified ads for guitars, and identify any "older" or interesting guitars. Google is your friend here (I'm not an expert, just an expert googler.) I live in Canada, so this means all local classifieds + Kijiji. In the US, that's + craigslist. Be aware of any local auction houses who do "home contents auctions". You can also hit up flea markets, but that's hit or miss and I like doing the legwork with my trusty computer.

Step 2: If you see anything that catches your eye, or seems older, do a search on reverb.com and ebay.com (make sure you select "sold listings".) Get an idea of what it could sell for. I always aim to double my money or more, plus be aware of packaging/shipping charges that will eat into your profit.

Step 3: When you find a decent item for Y dollars that you know you can sell for Y times 2, buy it and create a listing on Reverb.com. I generally make my listing a little bit cheaper than the going rate if I'm trying to move it fast (within a week.) Take lots of pictures from all angles and be very clear about the condition in your description.

Step 4: Use reverb bump (their ads service) to promote your listing. It's cheap and it gets eyeballs, a no brainer.

Step 5: Get paid. Accept any reasonable offer (the beauty of a 100% markup is that you can give a little discount to move it quickly.) Follow reverbs guidelines on shipping (they have super helpful guides.) Bring it to the post office and mail it out. Send the customer the shipping info.

That's it. Not much to it at all. A bonus to non-American's is that we can buy a guitar for 350 CAD, and sell it for 1000 USD, which at the time of writing is ~1301.91 CAD. The exchange rate pays for shipping and packaging and then some.

Hope this helps at least one of you out there!

Plus if you're lucky, you might find a unicorn like I did :)
24xfehu.jpg
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom