The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions on blogging

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

twincivet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 9, 2020
Hello,

I'm a self-taught woodworker thinking of starting a DIY blog and Youtube channel on woodworking. I know there's lots of woodworking content out there, but think I have my own style and can add value.

I'm wondering why @MJ DeMarco classified blogging as having a low barrier to entry in TMF . Can someone elaborate? Many successful bloggers I know have worked for months/years before they started making good money through their blogs.

Any experienced bloggers here care to share their experience on this?

Any bloggers here making fastlane-level income?

Thanks much.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr. Schmidt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Sep 14, 2020
Germany
The low barrier of entry related to the fact that in the time it took to write this sentence, I could have set up a blog myself. Anyone can do it. Of course, the content is the thing that get you visitors and money, but the base framework is available for anyone at little to no money.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Low barrier of entry = anyone could start a blog within a day or so.

However, it is not a real problem in the sense that even if anyone could start a blog right now, your process is what matters.

Almost anyone can write sentences that make sense, but not everyone can explain woodworking like you or someone else who is an expert in the field.

Perhaps you are very good at explaining concepts in a beginner-friendly way, and / or have a funny style which makes people interested in what you do, even if they don't plan to do any woodworking themselves.

Additionally, not everyone is willing to put in the effort to output content regularly for months, let alone years.

Danny01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jan 20, 2019
SEO is what should be considered if you're going into blogging. With good traffic, it becomes fastlane

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I think that MJ wrote about blogging from "some time ago" perspective.
It was really profitable to make a blog (and easy), at first, then it become so saturated that it stopped being "easily" profitable. (Same for dropshipping or any other make money online craze).

The thing is that, like @Madame Peccato said, today you need something that will differentiate you from average Joe who likely thinks about quick buck and will give up after third try.

In other words, its easy to enter, but not easy to succeed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.