The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question on Social Media Followers

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

PeopleFinder

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Nov 14, 2016
UK
hi,

I am new on the forum so sorry if this post is in the wrong place. Fiverr is awash with people offering fake Twitter accounts etc and I have noticed on this forum itself there have been posts by people advertising fake social media followers.

my question is, do you think there is a general market for lists of targeted, vetted, genuine, Twitter followers?

I ask because I have been playing around with some software I have coded. it is still under development and I am trying to assess the market. I have had some interest in it from an influencer marketing agency, but was wondering if there is a larger market for this type of thing? All I ever hear is 'buy fake followers'.

thanks in advance.

Simon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
There is a huge market for any form of genuine traffic that consists of people who will be interested in reading or buying niche content published online. The more targeted the traffic and the higher their commercial intent, the more their value.

For example, if you have a social media account that has followers who are golfers interested in improving their game or who will readily purchase products that are recommended to them by your account, it will be a goldmine for anyone who owns a golf related website or sells golfing equipment or a digital product related to golf.

PeopleFinder

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Nov 14, 2016
UK
There is a huge market for any form of genuine traffic that consists of people who will be interested in reading or buying niche content published online. The more targeted the traffic and the higher their commercial intent, the more their value.

For example, if you have a social media account that has followers who are golfers interested in improving their game or who will readily purchase products that are recommended to them by your account, it will be a goldmine for anyone who owns a golf related website or sells golfing equipment or a digital product related to golf.

Hi Sean,

thanks for your supportive reply. I think as per a lot of people, I have the idea, can build the product, but end up going round in circles with the marketing. I have always believed in the tenets right at the start of The millionaire fastlane ' of 'build something of value', but getting that value out there and known about is the next step.

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
Hmm... maybe try running some Facebook ads to an optin page offering some type of freebie or gift related to your software? For example, for your software you might give out a report or video on how to increase social media followers. From there you can send out an email teasing your new software but frame it in a way where you need help from them. Then, just send them a survey so you can get further insight.

That's a quick way to see if the market is interested in your product. PLUS, when it's time to launch you have an email list that's been presold on your software and is more likely to buy. You can even send them a special "launch discount" which will raise your conversions even more.

Good luck ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PeopleFinder

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Nov 14, 2016
UK
Hmm... maybe try running some Facebook ads to an optin page offering some type of freebie or gift related to your software? For example, for your software you might give out a report or video on how to increase social media followers. From there you can send out an email teasing your new software but frame it in a way where you need help from them. Then, just send them a survey so you can get further insight.

That's a quick way to see if the market is interested in your product. PLUS, when it's time to launch you have an email list that's been presold on your software and is more likely to buy. You can even send them a special "launch discount" which will raise your conversions even more.

Good luck ;)

Hi Kytro,
thanks for the comments above, I fell for the classic mistake of running Google and Facebook Ads to firstly, the website where you can use the software for free, and when this didn't work much, to a website which I could use as an opt in page. The Click through rates on both Google and Facebook were about 3% and average length of stay on where I did send them were over minute but I didn't offer anything to encourage people to come back and this ended up being a quick lesson learned. Mainly because I was unsure on how to position what I was offering and I am not a natural marketer. To be honest the thought of the hustle brings me out in a cold sweat.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.