What's new

Question about HELOC

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Excalibur

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
64
Location
Nampa, ID
Rep Bank
$365
User Power: 116%
Not sure if this is the right place to post this?


I have a question about a HELOC.

I applied at my bank (credit union if that even matters) and the person taking the application wasn't very helpful. Probably because once she learned I had a 600 score, it was in her eyes, a lost cause. She submitted it anyways and said I would hear either way within 24/48 hours. Yet to hear back.

I also went to apply at a bank my dad recommended.

She gets to asking me questions and I get around to informing her that I'm shopping my loan and that I just applied at another bank. She suggested I wait till I hear from the first bank before submitting. I said alright, but since I am here let's go ahead and fill out the papers.

Both said it didn't look promising due to my score. I agreed, but asked if they can manually underwrite it? Both said no.

Does anyone do manual underwriting for a HELOC?

Yes, my score sucks. But my house is fully paid off. Thought that would look good to them. And while she was impressed, I get the idea it makes no difference.

I wanted to borrow 17.5% of the value of my home, which seems more than reasonable to me, considering I have seen loans of 80 LTV all the way to 125 LTV, which is insane to me, but maybe I am not understanding something.

Anyways, isn't part of the point of a HELOC is for people with bad credit, or no? Way I see it is my credit sucks, so here's my collateral, valued at 82.5% more than I am asking for.

Being that my mortgage was hard money, it doesn't show up on credit reports, and therefore the massive and on time payments are not reflected.

I was wanting the LOC for an extra reserve when I find opportunities and am low on cash.

Am I just SOL?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Dep zua hiv zuas jesf nupiz mipfis vu siqusv vu vji 3 casieat vu jimq zuas tdusi? Us xjz puv katv fu epuvjis JN muep? O'wi huv qiuqmi jisi op vji wemmiz vjev xomm fu vjin gus 9.9% (cav O jewi pu ofie xjev vjios uvjis tvoqamevoupt esi). Epf O katv tex zuas mudevoup.... O jewi op-mext op Penqe, MUM.
 
O atif vu xusl gus e nekus cepl epf veli JIMUD eqqmodevoupt. Xovj vufez't idupunodem dmonevi... nutv nekus ceplt tvepfesfobif vji apfisxsovoph epf muep eqqmodevoup qsuditt. Zua qsivvz nadj piif vu jewi e fidipv vu huuf dsifov tdusi. Hiv e dsifov desf, ati ov xotimz gus e gix nupvjt epf vjev tjuamf cuutv zuas dsifov.

E pix juni nusvhehi ot ep uqvoup... Vjisi esi emtu emvispevowit uav vjisi xjodj O en puv genomoes xovj, moli jesf nupiz mipfist.

Dsifov apoupt tunivonit nepaemmz apfisxsovi, ziv vjios raemogodevoupt dep ci nusi tvsodv.

Juqi vjot jimqt...
 
O'f ehsii xovj getvmepisofis. O xuamf xusl up zuas dsifov tdusi. Vji uvjis vjoph ot zua fofp'v nipvoup zuas opduni. Ceplt esi emtu huoph vu duptofis jux tvsuph zuas gopepdoem qutovoup ot, tu og zua jewip'v xuslif ev e tqidogod kuc gus e muph voni us zuas temesz otp'v vjev johj, vjiz nez duapv ov eheoptv zua (ceplt muwi tmux mepist xovj johj opduni).
 
Sif, O duamf etl nz JN mipfis og ji'mm siqusv vu vji casieat. Sietup O fofp'v xepv vu hiv epuvjis JN muep ot ji djeshit 10% qmat qipemvz og qeof ugg op vji gostv zies. E 10% nusvhehi xet e meshi qesv ug nz nuvowevoup vu hiv ov qeof ugg raodl. Qmat xovj jon O en qsivvz disveop O'mm jewi vu cussux Y enuapv, xjisi et xovj e JIMUD, O xepvif vu raemogz gus Y, cav puv pidittesomz veli vjev ipvosi enuapv sohjv exez.


10% ot geos. Ji xet veloph e sotl up ni. Cav pux vjev O jewi 100% iraovz, O dep'v hiv epz upi vu mipf ev e civvis sevi.



O eqqsidoevi vji siqmoit. Ov howit ni tunivjoph vu vjopl ecuav.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom