The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about fear, failure, efforts and mindset

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

Deleted78083

Hey,

I have never, in my life, done anything with 100% quality when there were chances to fail because I needed an excuse in case of failure.

The example is homework. Would I have invested 100% of efforts and got 7/10 while other kids got 10/10 with not nearly as much efforts invested as I had, it would have crushed me completely.

I didn't want the reason of my failure to be that I simply didn't have the capacities that others had.

I wanted it to be "you failed because you didn't work hard enough, and could have".

So I held back, and always has.

But I am sick of this now. I won't succeed at business if I keep on holding back.

This crippling fear of failure and of discovering that there are things I may simply never get because "I am not that good" scares the f*ck out of me.

Now, when people say failure is not as bad as it seems, my experience is opposite. The failures I have had felt worse than I had imagined.

I need to get out of this mindset now.

Any advice?

Thank you : )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Might be the wrong diagnosis. What if you have just embraced a convenient narrative around the usual mechanisms behind procrastination and resistance?

I know a lot of books that acknowledge the negative feeling that you describe ... feeling bad when you fail or don't perform well. Especially if you had a glimpse at what is possible ... so that the discrepancy is pure torture. If you read about rapid skill acquisition, for example, the authors will usually tell you that you have to get through the awkward phase where you feel bad about how you perform. Mission and Vision must push and pull you through this.

Not an expert on "War Of Art", but I think the way the book covers resistance is relevant in that context.

I think "So Good They Can't Ignore You" is the book with the best prescription: getting really good at something by investing enough time and continue reaping the rewards. Combine that with "The First 20 Hours" to secure the early wins as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.