The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question about Amazon best sellers rank

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

HarrisAndrea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 26, 2014
Hi all,
I don't know if this is the proper category to post this (sorry of not).

I have found several "needs" and now researching herbal products to start selling on Amazon (as private label). At this point I'm researching how well each product currently sells on Amazon, which is measured basically with its sales rank.

I would like to ask other members here about the Amazon sales rank of herbal supplements. What would be a good number of sales rank to sell 5-10 units a day? obviously sales rank values in the 200-900 range means they sell a lot. However, what about sales rank values in 10000-50000 range? What would be considered a good sales rank value to have around 5-10 units a day (that's what I want as a starting point).

I would appreciate any expert advice here.

Harris

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago
im assuming a Herbal Supplement would be in the "Health & Personal Care" category...so a rank of 10K would probably be around 10 a day...going all the way up to 50K may be around 1 a day.
but there are a lot of variables, and rank only tells you what happened in the past.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What would be a good number of sales rank to sell 5-10 units a day?

Very category dependent. One of my units made it to rank 30 for it's specific sub-category and only sold about 4-5 a day. Very low-velocity niche.

Other, larger categories you could be doing dozens a day if you were top 300 (from what I hear).

But it's pretty irrelevant, you want to get the highest you can possibly get regardless of what you expect sales volumes will be for the category. No reason to aim for a specific rank - other than #1, that is.

HarrisAndrea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 26, 2014
im assuming a Herbal Supplement would be in the "Health & Personal Care" category...so a rank of 10K would probably be around 10 a day...going all the way up to 50K may be around 1 a day.
but there are a lot of variables, and rank only tells you what happened in the past.

Yeah, I'm talking about Herbal Supplements in the "Health and Personal Care" category. Thanks for your reply. That would give me a rough estimate of how many units are being sold for a particular product I'm interested to sell.

Thanks again

Harris

HarrisAndrea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 26, 2014
Very category dependent. One of my units made it to rank 30 for it's specific sub-category and only sold about 4-5 a day. Very low-velocity niche.

Other, larger categories you could be doing dozens a day if you were top 300 (from what I hear).

But it's pretty irrelevant, you want to get the highest you can possibly get regardless of what you expect sales volumes will be for the category. No reason to aim for a specific rank - other than #1, that is.

The category I'm talking about is the top level category of "Health & Personal Care" which I believe is high velocity category.

Flyleaf

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,529%
Jan 2, 2013
Chicago Suburbs
You can look here to estimate how many sales a day on average you will get, based on the item's sales rank on Amazon. I've personally found that depending on the category you are selling in that the sales rank can vary greatly. A rank of 20,000 in one category isn't the same as a rank of 20,000 in another. This site has helped me a lot.
http://www.fbatoolkit.com/

HarrisAndrea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 26, 2014
You can look here to estimate how many sales a day on average you will get, based on the item's sales rank on Amazon. I've personally found that depending on the category you are selling in that the sales rank can vary greatly. A rank of 20,000 in one category isn't the same as a rank of 20,000 in another. This site has helped me a lot.

Thanks a lot for the link. Will be helpful indeed.

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago
ehhh, I wouldnt really use that as a guide.
I have a product in beauty that is selling once a day...but right now its sitting at about 25K rank...because it just sold.
but according to that site I should be selling over 2 a day.

Flyleaf

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,529%
Jan 2, 2013
Chicago Suburbs
ehhh, I wouldnt really use that as a guide.
I have a product in beauty that is selling once a day...but right now its sitting at about 25K rank...because it just sold.
but according to that site I should be selling over 2 a day.
Well its certainly not perfect, but it sounds like its close even in your scenario. That's the idea of the tool is to give you a close estimate for what to expect before you buy it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.