The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Provisional/circumstantial name or ultimate name?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Uday Saroj

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Oct 7, 2016
I'm planning to create a social network type service, but I need to start with a standalone mode where the user can derive value even when there are no other users on the platform. So, initially it will be a SaaS tool/service, and then later it will culminate into my final product which is a social network- once it gains critical mass.
My question is, what domain name and trademark etc. should I use to begin? The one for the SaaS or the one for the social network? I have multiple concerns as stated below.
  • Will I be able to attract the right early adopters who might get confused about the service due to its name more like that of a social network? I certainly want only those users to sign up who are in for the ultimate social platform it will become.
  • Will I be able to migrate the entire platform to a new domain name once it gets the required critical mass?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
With 300+ students, the method and/or main sources of traffic don't saturate? Seems web design...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom