The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PROGRESS THREAD: GymJunkie (36Pounds.com)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I'm excited to see your success. This should motivate me to start working on my own stuff lol

rep+ for one of the many reasons I love the fastlane :smxB:

I know they say you learn more about yourself through teaching others and how great would that be for both of your success stories to be due to 36pounds dot com :groove:

As far as PDF writers, you can also try CutePDF, I think you have download Ghostwriter with it, but that's what I used before I got a Mac and had a PDF writer built in.

Anyways keep it up in such a short time this has become the most popular thread on the e-biz forums, that in itself is a success story :coolgleamA:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
rep+ for one of the many reasons I love the fastlane :smxB:

I know they say you learn more about yourself through teaching others and how great would that be for both of your success stories to be due to 36pounds dot com :groove:

Anyways keep it up in such a short time this has become the most popular thread on the e-biz forums, that in itself is a success story :coolgleamA:

Amen!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There are a 121 replies in this thread ... can someone give me the cliff notes? :smxB:

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I'm very pleasantly surprised that my thread got this much attention! That's awesome, I got a lot of help from members, esp. Maximus!

Thanx for creating this forum MJ!!!

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Basically here is the run down:

Adrian asked us about the site and what we thought about it. Most people said it was slow thus you need a new host and that he needs to change his template (which he has not done..boo)

Then he changed he host finally and had several technical difficulties I believe. After that, he started on this guide that he was going to give away. I then edited it and he posted it up on his blog.

That is basically what has happened in all these posts lol

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Basically here is the run down:

Adrian asked us about the site and what we thought about it. Most people said it was slow thus you need a new host and that he needs to change his template (which he has not done..boo)

Then he changed he host finally and had several technical difficulties I believe. After that, he started on this guide that he was going to give away. I then edited it and he posted it up on his blog.

That is basically what has happened in all these posts lol

Yeah, pretty much how things happened! Didn't expect this thread to get this big so fast.. lol

I wont be as active as I was for some time. Don't know how long though. Gotta find a job now..

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
It's 3 days until my blog is 3 months old.. and I need about 150 visits to reach 10000! It should happen! I really hope it does because it would be a nice milestone for me. Although I'd prefer bigger growth but still 10000 visits would be great! I'll post update on 14th of July and see if it happens!
Cheers

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Breaking News!!!

My blog got it's 10000th visit today! One day earlier than it's 3 month birthday!!

NICE!!!! :thumbsup:

Currently stats are: 10030 visits, 8013 Unique visits..

I'll post full stats on Wednesday!
Now focusing on reading bodybuilding stuff and improving my knowledge, plus creating a training philosophy that is unique and great for skinny guys!

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
Great deal! Maybe I missed it but how are you generating your traffic??

I'm working to do a blog that is up in the acne product review niche. More competition but I've been testing a strategy.

I'm trying everything under the sun to generate links.

Joe

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Great deal! Maybe I missed it but how are you generating your traffic??

I'm working to do a blog that is up in the acne product review niche. More competition but I've been testing a strategy.

I'm trying everything under the sun to generate links.

Joe

Mostly it's through forums, then some guest posts at other blogs (not in the same niche mostly) and in Yahoo Answers!

Good luck!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
How do you get guest post and what forums?

My topic/niche is jobs and I don't see that many forums or blogs on that...

You get them by contacting the owner of a site and offering it. Just write why you want to guest post (like give their readers some great content) and pray! Some will accept some wont.

Work on forums not on your niche. Find a big forum and contribute to it. One like Steve Pavlina.com.. it is big and versatile you can find some visits there. As for blogs, target not only those in your niche but those that have your targeted visitors (I target blogs for men, not only blogs on bodybuilding for example). Find a blog on tips for life in general and try guest posting there about how to succeed at getting a better job.

Hope this helps!

RJP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Apr 7, 2008
Massachusetts - Near Cape Cod
One site I like for the content is www.trulyhuge.com . (I'm a weight lifting enthusiast) (Don't know if it has been mentioned before ... don't have the time to read through the entire post right now). It's a bit hard to navigate, but some decent free content. It's Doberman Dan's site. He was one of the child actors in The Sound of Music ... turned weight lifter/bodybuilder. (It's not a streoid monster site.) Lots of free articles, etc... (Has a cool logo too) Has a large section of links.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
One site I like for the content is www.trulyhuge.com . (I'm a weight lifting enthusiast) (Don't know if it has been mentioned before ... don't have the time to read through the entire post right now). It's a bit hard to navigate, but some decent free content. It's Doberman Dan's site. He was one of the child actors in The Sound of Music ... turned weight lifter/bodybuilder. (It's not a streoid monster site.) Lots of free articles, etc... (Has a cool logo too) Has a large section of links.

Thanx mate, I'll check it out ;)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
So here are the stats after 3 months of blog being live!

Visits: 10186
Uniques: 8134
Pageviews: 27589
Time on site: 3:40
Bounce Rate: 58,67 percent
Visits per day: 110,72
Returning visitors: 2024

I'm happy with the amount of returning visitors which is about 20 percent now. Not happy with slow traffic growth but I haven't been able to market my blog much recently so it's great that it grew still.

Not sure there will be growth next month since I will spend even less time on the blog. Anyway, I love the blog and the fact that I started something of my won finally! It's worth it!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
For now it's AdSense.. nothing more.. in future it will be ebook (system for gaining muscle) ;)

The blog doesn't earn a lot.. That's why I've got to find a freaking' job to support myself..

Cheers

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Oh, i have all adsense blocked. I see them now. Give me the CSS file of your site and I will increase your CTR. The adsense needs to look more like it was made into your template

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Oh, i have all adsense blocked. I see them now. Give me the CSS file of your site and I will increase your CTR. The adsense needs to look more like it was made into your template

Click through is like 0.2 percent lol !

I'll email it to you mate ;)

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I've made a small change with AdSense placement.. it now is higher and more visible for visitors..

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
instead of the white background for adsense add this hex code: e8dbca

that light brown color changes very subtly but that should work

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
instead of the white background for adsense add this hex code: e8dbca

that light brown color changes very subtly but that should work

Saving my life again! lol! I had already sent you css file.

Thanx I will change it later! No give me the link to your site I will put up the link in my blog roll!

Speed+

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Ah. It still looks odd. I will try to find a lighter color. I knew that is what would happen since that box has several subtle shades instead of just one color. Looks better but I still would like to improve it.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Ah. It still looks odd. I will try to find a lighter color. I knew that is what would happen since that box has several subtle shades instead of just one color. Looks better but I still would like to improve it.

Looks better already.. Although I think lighter color than the background would be better! But don't worry mate! It's not that big of a deal! You've helped me a lot already! ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.