The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PROGRESS THREAD:(77startup)Nothing feels better than a fresh pair

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Hey fastlaners,

Alright so if you didn't know I've been preparing for my start up company Socks to your door for about 6 months now. We are a Products as a Service company for guys which hopes to bribe men into actually caring about the terrible state of the average red blooded males underwear. The first 3 months were simply doing research on the hosiery industry and potential customers, and the last 3 months were on executing and building a hugely complicated platform that I realized was completely unnecessary and turned buyers off.

I have 2 major V.C funded U.S competitors, and a small handful of fragmented "hobbist" competitors so I'm feeling pretty good about the possibilites. I will use this thread to journal my progress so other fastlaners can have yet another example of process to follow.

Our goal is to sign up 1,000 email subscribers using this form - Mens Underwear Sale -Get YOUR underwear and mens socks for a STEAL!.

If you have a couple of seconds I would greatly appreciate if you helped spread the word on facebook, twitter, and google+. I hope you will enjoy the ride

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
liked

now if I can just figure out how to share it.

lol

I am going to send you a pm also.

even tho we disagree on other things you know how much I love this idea and wish you the best of luck!

kick a$$!

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Thanks Carrie! I this forum because it's one of the few places you can disagree and be friends =) If you want to share you can enter your email and it should give you some options or you can just copy the link and post it on facebook or twitter.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
10/22/2011

Front end:

Rewrote the web copy to make it more engaging and visual. Opinions welcomed. Mens Underwear Sale -Don't ruin a good date. It's time for a fresh pair!

Back end:

Had a meeting with the animator, everything is looking great so far. I think the viral video should be a killer.
I decided to tear the mobile website apart and rebuild it to be much simpler so that even my non- computer savvy father could use it and am loving the results on paper. It is still a wire frame so we will see if the end result works as well as intended.

I also decided to split up development into 2 phases covering 18 months. Phase 2 development is on paper, phase 1 development is ready to go.

Sign ups: 9 new signups today things are going slowly, but not too bad considering the site doesn't rank for anything and I haven't spent a dime on advertising. Aiming for 1,000 new sign ups in the next 2 weeks. It will be an uphill battle.

Sasha

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Oct 7, 2011
Denver
I see you with the female model......

Anyways, unless you decided to put the whole artificial scarcity idea into action (did you?), I see you only have ~500 spots left.

Way to make progress.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
10/26/2011

Everything is going according to plan. Main site is looking great, everything works properly, and the new batch of shippments arrived without any problems. Changed the background on The squeeze page according to feed back that it was a bit distracting to something more subtle. You can see that here. http://socks-your-door.kickofflabs.com/

I see you with the female model......

Anyways, unless you decided to put the whole artificial scarcity idea into action (did you?), I see you only have ~500 spots left.

Way to make progress.

I've slowly collected emails over the last 6 months at the rate of about 100 per month, so that figure is actually true. However, I am using scarcity on purpose =)

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
10/28/2011

Main Update: Started to interview and hire "creative talents" today. I received about 20 applicants in 24 hours. They really aren't kidding when they say it truly is a buyers market right now for talent. I've found about 3 gems so far that can do everything so I should have something "creative" to show you guys by next week.

Side Update: Email sign-ups continue to grow, but not at the speed of light rate I'm hoping for. Going to start executing my paid marketing strategy soon and see if I can quadruple those numbers.

Minor Update: I've also chosen "Marketing Director" as my official company title. It seemed to go over the best with people in person.

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
I just saw something about another company similar to this in Wired magazine.

Did you count them in your total of competitors?

Hows the progress coming these days? Very interested in seeing your success!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.