The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[PROGRESS] Skrijger's Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

skrijger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 26, 2020
Backstory
A few years ago, I frequented the Fast Lane Forum a lot. MJ DeMarco completely changed my paradigm about 9-5 vs. becoming an entrepreneur. After reading the Millionaire Fastlane I was hooked. I NEEDED to be an entrepreneur.

But... It took some years from there to get off the ground. I was a binge-drinking student who had no purpose, motivation, or direction in life. Slowly I started the change and after action-faking for at least a year, I decided to join the Fox Legends program by @Fox.

It was the best thing that could've happened to me. Taking action showed my weaknesses and what I need to improve on. I had big mindset issues. I couldn't be consistent. I had big trouble with cold calling and prospecting, and if I would even do it, it would be for 1 or 2 days and then fail again for 2 weeks. Inconsistency was my biggest problem.

Next to that, I was reading a lot of personal development books and started writing a weekly newsletter called "Personal Growth Saturdays". I was dabbling between doing something with personal development or going full into web design. That lack of focus killed my progress with web design.

I decided to stall my idea's for personal growth and focused fully on web design. I joined a mindset coaching program to work on my vision, limiting beliefs, and confidence. It changed my life. I started closing deals for web design but the bigger thing that it did for me is asking myself the question:

"What do I really want?"

The answer: be a Biohacking Coach.

Biohacking means changing your chemistry and your physiology through science and self-experimentation to increase your energy & vitality. It ranges from sleep, and nutrition to focus techniques.

I met this other Performance Coach, and by some miracle, he was just starting to coach others on becoming a Performance Coach as well. That was in March last year.

So what do I do exactly? I help mostly entrepreneurial people, can be in a 9-5 still, to High Performance. That's a vague term. I know. At first, I get people consistent at their basics and then optimize everything they do. I give them clarity about what to focus on. I cover Mindset, Sleep, Nutrition, Exercise, Productivity & Focus.

Who am I to coach people on this? There are a ton of people in there with way more experience than me. At the start, I felt like an imposter. Who am I to coach someone on this? Now I see it a lot differently, also because of the experience I've gained in coaching over 30 people.

If you can solve someone's problems (which I can) and they are willing to pay you money (which they do) then who is anyone (including myself) to think you can't do it?

Since then it was a bumpy ride. I didn't sign any paying clients for at least 5 months. My content sucked. My sales sucked. If I look back at it I really don't understand why I kept going, but I did. And it started to get better.

Fast Forward Today
Slowly things started to turn around. I started closing more clients. I became better at coaching and got more clarity on how to help people in the best way possible. I now feel like I've found product market fit and these are the things I've achieved since - I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying this to paint the full picture and inspire:
  • Coached 30+ people
  • Average around $10K-$15K per month right now, looking to consistently go to $20K
  • Hit my first $20K+ month in June
Looking back at it 1.5 years ago, I couldn't have imagined going here. So I want to share my journey on what I learned and document my journey in scaling my business further. Now, I am my business. If I am gone for 2 weeks everything falls apart. I coach no one. I get no new clients. I don't do any prospecting calls. So the reason to share this is to document my story in making me coach people into a real business.

How am I going to scale to $50K+ per month? (Curious about your ideas as well)
  1. Build a program & offer - The program is finished, need to structure it better to offer it. This will be group coaching instead of 1:1 which I do now.
  2. Systematize lead generation. Hire an appointment setter that puts out content for me, builds up relationships with people and gets them on a call.
  3. Hire a salesperson
  4. Start out with YT for long-term lead generation.
What have I learned so far?
  1. Don't quit. The reason most people are successful is that they just have been consistent with that thing for a long period of time. You need to put the reps in whether that is with sales, marketing, or anything else. If you quit you lose all of your experience in that area.
  2. Investing in the right coaches is a shortcut to success. Well, I hate the word shortcut, but it definitely speeds up the process. If you can learn from someone who has already done what you want to do and you can pay them to teach you, you should. It's easy for me to say as a coach. At this point, I've invested over $20K in courses, programs, and coaches, and without them, I wouldn't be where I am today.
  3. Know when something is not working. Don't feel bad, but be realistic. Know your numbers. If I'm doing Instagram for marketing and I am not booking any calls from that, something needs to change. And fast. If you are getting a lot. sales calls but you're not closing, you need to up your sales game. If you don't know your numbers, you can't improve. The mistake I made was doing the wrong thing for too long.
  4. The money is in the follow-up. Keep a CRM. More than half the people that have become clients of mine I already had a first call with maybe 3-6 months ago. Kept following up and boom, one day they become clients.
  5. Have fun. 2 months ago all I did was work and to be honest, I think that should be your life for a period of time when you are starting something. But in the end, it's about balance. Going to the sauna at the end of the workday is going to do more for my productivity than banging out 1 hour extra of work.
I am going to update this thread once a week with:
  1. What went well this week
  2. What could've been better
  3. Wins
  4. Necessary Required Actions for next week

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
Congrats on your success. You analysed your weaknesses and made appropriate adjustments. It takes years - sometimes a lifetime - for people to do that. Props.

Curious, can you elaborate more on the mindset coaching program you joined.

What did it help you overcome specifically?

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Love the term biohacking.

"Now, I am my business. If I am gone for 2 weeks everything falls apart. I coach no one. I get no new clients"

^ should be your next area to address

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 5, 2020
Succes man!

skrijger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 26, 2020
Huge congrats on the $20k month.

What snapped you out of it?
It was more of a gradual scale that snapped me out of it. I started reading personal development books, setting goals etc. but my environment was still all people that were binge drinking and doing drugs so I couldn't make any lasting changes. I'd have a good period followed up by a bad period.

I then joined AIESEC which is an international student organization that let's people go on an exchange abroad (internship or voluntary work). That really changed me as everyone there was focused on personal development and it was the first time I felt 'normal' for being into personal development. From there did 75Hard once and saw alcohol was not that special, you could have fun without it and improved and improved.

The biggest thing was my environment though. If I would still be hanging out with those friends I would probably be in a 9-5 right now and ruining my weekends with alcohol and/or drugs.

skrijger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 26, 2020
Congrats on your success. You analysed your weaknesses and made appropriate adjustments. It takes years - sometimes a lifetime - for people to do that. Props.

Curious, can you elaborate more on the mindset coaching program you joined.

What did it help you overcome specifically?
The main thing it did was get clarity about what I wanted. From there it's easier to make progress. It also thought me about importance levels - if you make something too important it will never happen and thought me to rewire my beliefs.

I've done an interview with him some days ago and it will be uploaded to his YT channel in 1 or 2 weeks. Will link it here as well! The program was by Quazi Johir

skrijger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 26, 2020
Love the term biohacking.

"Now, I am my business. If I am gone for 2 weeks everything falls apart. I coach no one. I get no new clients"

^ should be your next area to address
Yes man it is! Now the goal is to really make it a business. The first step was making the program, now hiring someone to do appointment setting for me and then someone for sales. Excited!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.