What's new

PROGRESS: Digital Marketing for Chinese Companies

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Longinus

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Aug 28, 2014
Messages
1,123
Location
Poland / Belgium
Rep Bank
$3,085
User Power: 444%
Decided to create a progress thread about this. A couple of years back I started doing webdesign with @Fox course. I still like making website, but I'm getting tired of the uphill battle to get clients, especially those clients that have such a small mindset that they don't dare to grow their business, anyway. Don't get me wrong, you can make a killing if you keep pushing, but my other venture just made it possible for me to have a stress-free life.

In meantime, I want to experiment with some stuff. I have an idea for a large app, but need more time and funds to work that out. Right now, I just want to make more websites and help other people make more money.

So why China?
I've been only once to China and have some Chinese contacts. From what I have seen is that they have no clue how digital marketing works in the rest of the world. Not just digital marketing btw, there's a massive gap between Chinese and western marketing and it's probably not gonna change fast.
There's a ton of Chinese entrepreneurs. Not only big shots, but also small business entrepreneurs doing ecommerce in the West. Go seek a product on Amazon, and you'll recognize a Chinese seller pretty fast on the broken English, weird names and awkward taglines. So I think the market is pretty big.

Webdesign services are utterly cheap and bad. I have never seen a good Chinese website in my life. Horrible translation, not responsive, super long loading time, flash, etc. The reason is that for Chinese folks websites are not so important because they use platforms for a lot of stuff, take Alibaba for example. They think if they're company is on Alibaba, they don't even need a website. Also since Google is banned, there is no authority that demands high standard webdesign.

Social media: many Chinese companies use FB, but the content is also "very Chinese". Easy to spot by the difference of humor, how products are presented, how people present them etc.

SEO: non existant. Just like webdesign, many Chinese companies offer SEO services. But clients have no access to Google and are not able to check the results. So they can claim what they want.

Approach
Website
: since my own webdesign brand is in Dutch and thus aimed at Dutch-speaking clients, I designed a new brand and website. I wrote the copywriting myself and had it translated by a Chinese girl. But let's not forget the gaps. Because marketing that works in the West, doesn't work in China either. So I paid a Chinese copywriter to rewrite the Chinese text to Chinese standards.

WeChat: aiming at Chinese customers means using their tools. I found someone that can promote on WeChat, but research learns that they will just drop a message in many WeChat groups, nothing more. So I must find out how I can do a good campaign aiming at business owners. For non-Chinese companies, it's pretty expensive to create a business profile on WeChat. Not sure yet if it's worth it.

Salesmen: I know a few guys that are interested in selling my services. I'm just not quite sure if they're as good as they promise and if it will be hard selling these services in this market. I promised a good piece of the pie and will see if it will work out.


If you guys have thoughts or remarks, feel free to share them! I know it's gonna be rough sometimes, but if it works, it can get pretty big.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom