The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress] Authority Site Watch Me Build One

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
I’ve decided to focus my efforts on building an Authority Site. The reason because I go to school and work I feel like I can devote my extra time I have on building a site.
The money from my job would be used to fund the site for 3 months or more if need be.

I know it’s going to be a very steep learning curve because I’ve never built a website or really wrote an article before but I’m up for the challenge. (Kaizen)

My goal within the first 6 months is getting traffic, monetizing that traffic with affiliate links and/or advertising.

Before I do any of that I have to find my niche.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
If you want a free "course" check out the Builder Society Digital Strategy Crash Course. It will help you out immensely in getting started and everything. It's not a download, just a series of forum posts.

Not a bad niche forum to join as well for what you're doing.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Don't plan your website around promoting products on Amazon.

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
If you want a free "course" check out the Builder Society Digital Strategy Crash Course. It will help you out immensely in getting started and everything. It's not a download, just a series of forum posts.

Thanks for the advice and the free course.

What’s wrong with Amazon?

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
What’s wrong with Amazon?
There's nothing inherently wrong with using the Amazon Affiliate program, I still have links out their collecting commish.

But it really does suck overall and I'll never use the 'zon on another website.

Higher competition because of the ease of access means you have all these other entities, mainly with more experience than you, to compete against. Add on to that the laughably petite commission rates and you're fighting for pennies.

It's doing affiliate marketing the hard way but your favorite guru makes it sound easy. Every beginner wants to make an Amazon affiliate site and they are happy making $200/month after a year of clocking hours.

Of course, there are outliers that do make a lot with AA ut don't be swayed by the survivorship bias.

Seriously, find your niche and brainstorm ways to monetize w/o using Amazon.

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
So I decided to start a site focusing on one product the name of the site is (productname)review.com

The reason for this is because an authority site seems to daunting if a task for me to handle.

Right now at the moment I want to create a site that produces a couple hundred bunch’s a month nothing to quit my job about. Just something to get my feet wet and give me motivation to eventually create the authority site.

The product is in a niche I want to create the authority site in

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021

Was digging around for resources on Authority sites and this forum-post chain you posted looks promising.
Thanks for posting man!

Richy Rich

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Sep 29, 2016
Will be interested to watch your progress! I've been working on my own authority site over the last few years but it's in a very competitive niche. But I have built up a few content sites from 0 to 20,000+ monthly visits in the last 12 months as part of my job.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.