The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Programming For Entrepreneurs

jacob-sapir

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2021
Hey fast lane entrepreneurs!

I’m Jacob and I’m an engineer.

I’m in the process of developing a program that can better serve entrepreneurs just like you learn to program for their business so they can make their work easier.

I used to be in the exact same position, and found a way to learn basic programming skills to automate my work. I now am on a mission to help people like you do the same!
That said, by filling out this survey, it will help me tremendously to learn more about entrepreneurs who are struggling with learning programming.

In exchange for 15 minutes of your time to fill out my survey, I will be selecting 5 lucky people to hop on a FREE 30-minute "Programming For Entrepreneurs" Game Plan with me so I can help you solve your problem, absolutely no charge!
Here is the link: Tell Me More About You

Thank you so much!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK

I’m in the process of developing a program that can better serve entrepreneurs just like you learn to program for their business so they can make their work easier.

I used to be in the exact same position, and found a way to learn basic programming skills to automate my work. I now am on a mission to help people like you do the same!
That said, by filling out this survey, it will help me tremendously to learn more about entrepreneurs who are struggling with learning programming.

In exchange for 15 minutes of your time to fill out my survey, I will be selecting 5 lucky people to hop on a FREE 30-minute "Programming For Entrepreneurs" Game Plan with me so I can help you solve your problem, absolutely no charge!
Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfxzjOybUy1HXStEUMR88qEVbSC8o6XEEtGb9LvMDijaO02aQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you so much!
Hi Jacob, I don't want to be a negative Nelly, but the first thing I thought when I read your post was that there are lots of free resources out there to learn programming. It's how learnt. Anyone who wants to learn has access to oodles of free stuff - why is yours different?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfxzjOybUy1HXStEUMR88qEVbSC8o6XEEtGb9LvMDijaO02aQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you so much!
So 45 minutes of my time in exchange for what exactly?
Why shouldnt I go to udemy to learn any language?
Why shouldnt I go consult someone on clarity or some other similar platform?

jacob-sapir

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2021
Hi Jacob, I don't want to be a negative Nelly, but the first thing I thought when I read your post was that there are lots of free resources out there to learn programming. It's how learnt. Anyone who wants to learn has access to oodles of free stuff - why is yours different?
Hi Onakosa, thank you for the feedback!

Absolutely, I learned to program using free resources on the internet too. The issue I found was that a lot of what I could find was for professional programmers/software engineers and therefore was lacking practicality. For example, I'm sure solving a differential equation or the Tower of Hanoï problem is very useful sometimes, but I'm not sure every entrepreneur would be interested in solving that problem.

This survey would help me better identify problems entrepreneurs have so that I can help them solve it by learning how to program. I liked this approach better for myself, but a lot of people like a more academic approach in which case I think you're right, free resources on the internet are great!

jacob-sapir

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2021
So 45 minutes of my time in exchange for what exactly?
Why shouldnt I go to udemy to learn any language?
Why shouldnt I go consult someone on clarity or some other similar platform?
Hi alexkuzmov, thank you for allowing me to clarify!

So in exchange for 15 minutes of your time, I will be selecting 5 people to hop on a free 30-minute "Programming For Entrepreneurs" Game Plan with me so I can help them solve their problem. It seems like a lot of entrepreneurs want to leverage their time and limited resources by using available software and programming languages (where possible) to create useful custom programs. I would like to help them do that.

Yes, I think udemy or clarity are great paid alternatives.

Thanks again for the questions!

EternalStudent

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Apr 4, 2020
Australia

Thank you so much!
I started doing the survey to help you out but it is clearly a sales funnel. This should be in the marketplace/self promo thread

jacob-sapir

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2021
I started doing the survey to help you out but it is clearly a sales funnel. This should be in the marketplace/self promo thread
Thank you for the feedback EternalStudent!

I understand your skepticism and I might not have been clear in the post, there is absolutely no charge.

I value greatly the market research data that I get from entrepreneurs interested in programming, I offer my help in exchange.

I'm actually getting great feedback about this idea from this thread alone.

Thanks again for contributing!

EternalStudent

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Apr 4, 2020
Australia
Thank you for the feedback EternalStudent!

I understand your skepticism and I might not have been clear in the post, there is absolutely no charge.

I value greatly the market research data that I get from entrepreneurs interested in programming, I offer my help in exchange.

I'm actually getting great feedback about this idea from this thread alone.

Thanks again for contributing!
There is no charge but the “prize” is a 30 minute sales call with you. Look at the questions you are asking in the survey. Only a small fraction are about programming and it’s pain points. The rest are fishing questions to give you ammo to use on the sales call.
That’s the way I read it anyway.

jacob-sapir

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2021
There is no charge but the “prize” is a 30 minute sales call with you. Look at the questions you are asking in the survey. Only a small fraction are about programming and it’s pain points. The rest are fishing questions to give you ammo to use on the sales call.
That’s the way I read it anyway.
Thank you, this is very interesting!

Absolutely, I'm 100% interested in knowing the pain points entrepreneurs have when it comes to programming because this is what I would like to help them with.

If people think that the questions are not about programming that means I didn't phrase the questions properly, and I need to modify the survey. Every question SHOULD be about programming (except for the first 3 which are contact information and help me know the person better).

Would you help me further to improve the survey by telling me the questions that you don't see as being related to programming?

EternalStudent

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Apr 4, 2020
Australia

Absolutely, I'm 100% interested in knowing the pain points entrepreneurs have when it comes to programming because this is what I would like to help them with.

If people think that the questions are not about programming that means I didn't phrase the questions properly, and I need to modify the survey. Every question SHOULD be about programming (except for the first 3 which are contact information and help me know the person better).

Would you help me further to improve the survey by telling me the questions that you don't see as being related to programming?
questions like what are your dreams, what does success look like, what is your why etc

that was where I noped out of the survey so there could be more after that

EternalStudent

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Apr 4, 2020
Australia

There is a thread here on the forum with a title along the lines of “the cold email that started a $500 million company”. Might be an alternative way for you to get the info you are after.

jacob-sapir

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2021
questions like what are your dreams, what does success look like, what is your why etc

that was where I noped out of the survey so there could be more after that
That's awesome, I see how these questions can be misleading.
I just updated the survey, it looks a lot better now!

jacob-sapir

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2021
There is a thread here on the forum with a title along the lines of “the cold email that started a $500 million company”. Might be an alternative way for you to get the info you are after.
Thanks for the help, I'll definitely look it up!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.