The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Professional email address

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
How does one get a professional email address and what is one? I don't want to use a free email like yahoo as I always have and I'm looking for the "right" way to do it. What a joke, I'm so far behind the times. :smx4:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Do you already have a website? Domain name? My host server provides the email with the domain name.

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
Just picked up three domains and working on websites. I guess I can go ahead and host the domain(s) and get the email from them if that's how it works.

What if your hosting company goes out of business, don't you lose your email address then? I've had a yahoo address for years, at least I know that's solid.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
If a hosting company goes out of business do you lose your website? You shouldn't lose either your website or your email addy. You would just move them over to another server. You may have a bump in the road but it's not insurmountable. Make sure you have your website backed up.

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
You wouldn't lose your website but I believe you would have to change the email address. Yes? If you're building a business to last I don't think you ever want to change your email address if that's possible. Or can you get an email address that's transferable?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
ok i have an email address through my site, but i don't use the providers web mail because it sucks. usually you use outlook/thunderbird/gmail etc to gather the email. well its all stored locally at that point. when you switch hosts you set up the same email then change the settings in your program to the new email server and your back in business.

How are you developing three websites without hosting?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Why would you lose your email addy if it was yourname@yourdomain.com? Your domain would move to a different host server and you would move the email at the same time. Yeah you would have to reset your outlook settings but wouldn't this be the scenario? Am I missing something?

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
You can make email addresses that go with your domain when you buy hosting.

Here's what it looks like. I blurred out my domain name.

You just pick what ever you want to go in front of the @. You can sometimes have dozens of different email addresses if you want.

You can have whatever you want:

info@yourdomain.com
advertising@yourdomain.com
mike@yourdomain.com

etc...

emailep4.jpg

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
Runum: If that's how it works, great. I didn't know that's how it worked. So I need to get Outlook functioning. I should have know that was coming.

Lighthouse: I can't develop anything, lol. I've got three domains and a plan I'm working on that will probably include one ready to go corporate type of site and another that I'm paying to have built. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the custom site as I'm looking at over $3k just for this alone.

Once I can get it together I'll proudly post it here to be shredded by all.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
You can use Outlook, Thunderbird, or some servers allow webmail similar to Yahoo.

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
I think I'll go with Outlook. I've heard it's a pretty good program and it's probably the standard these days. You never know when you'll have to get a JOB! :blush:

Thanks for the help.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.