The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Professional Athletes can be fastlaners too, right?

system

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 6, 2014
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to Introduce myself as i've been trolling these forums since reading the book. I am living the professional athletes life right now but that entails having a TON of downtime and I spend most of it learning new programming languages or building new businesses (closet nerd).

PAST:
I hopped on the social media bandwagon about 2 years ago and since have built my own marketing software's for different platforms (Instagram being my biggest). Monetized by publishing e-books/training programs from my websites I was making a great passive income via direct sales.

CURRENTLY:
I am currently building a sales lead gen and management platform for small businesses. Still have a ton to learn but have made great progress into a fully functional back end for clients to login, view leads on map, update lead filters, add account balance etc. Starting in the landscaping/construction niche but framework can really be applied to any niche.

Hope to stay fairly active on this board and learn as much as I can from the geniuses on here.

Anyone else currently into sales lead generation?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Welcome! It sounds like you have a wealth of information and experience yourself, I'm looking forward to learning more from you.

Would you say that being a professional athlete has given you the work ethic and drive reflected on the business side?

system

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 6, 2014
Welcome! It sounds like you have a wealth of information and experience yourself, I'm looking forward to learning more from you.

Would you say that being a professional athlete has given you the work ethic and drive reflected on the business side?
Thanks dknise!

Most definitely. I actually had a pretty bad injury in college and had to have surgery.. When you go from practicing over 7 hours a day to only being able to lift weights you have a lot of new-found time.

I basically cracked out, didnt sleep, and taught myself html, css, php etc etc built a bunch of websites made a bunch of money and now i'm healthy and playing pro, but haven't lost my love for making money online :)

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Thanks dknise!

Most definitely. I actually had a pretty bad injury in college and had to have surgery.. When you go from practicing over 7 hours a day to only being able to lift weights you have a lot of new-found time.

I basically cracked out, didnt sleep, and taught myself html, css, php etc etc built a bunch of websites made a bunch of money and now i'm healthy and playing pro, but haven't lost my love for making money online :)
I have a similar story... I was in very good shape and had an active lifestyle and work life. I ended up rupturing my L4-L5 in my back and wasn't able to walk very far for two years till I got surgery, and I still have problems to this day! So rather than make waste of that time, I taught myself coding. :D

Glad to hear you made a full recovery.

NoveltyInSpades

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Hi system and welcome to the forum!

You will def learn from the geniuses on here. But also keep an eye open for lessons (either intentional or unintentional) from the non-geniuses. One thing I've learned lurking on these forums is that everybody has something to teach us. :)

And hats off to your personal tech growth outside the sports arena. Very impressive!

system

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 6, 2014
Hi system and welcome to the forum!

You will def learn from the geniuses on here. But also keep an eye open for lessons (either intentional or unintentional) from the non-geniuses. One thing I've learned lurking on these forums is that everybody has something to teach us. :)

And hats off to your personal tech growth outside the sports arena. Very impressive!
Thanks NoveltyInSpades.

I have been reading through a lot of the threads and have been both enlightened :hurray: and 'entertained' :headbanger:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Cool, what sport? Love the Aventador on the lift, but it belongs on the road! ;)

system

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 6, 2014
Cool, what sport? Love the Aventador on the lift, but it belongs on the road! ;)
Basketball MJ.

Great job on the book brother! Got me through a couple roadtrips.

Cars like that need to be customized so that I fit, hence why it would be in the shop lol

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Basketball MJ.

Great job on the book brother! Got me through a couple roadtrips.

Cars like that need to be customized so that I fit, hence why it would be in the shop lol
Welcome! Who are you and what team are you on ( I love basketball) ? Also are you aiming for the NBA?

system

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 6, 2014
Welcome! Who are you and what team are you on ( I love basketball) ? Also are you aiming for the NBA?
Thanks!

Id rather keep that info off the board for now (sry), after all this is about the fast lane not me :cool:

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Great to have you hear System, I loved what you wrote about branching out and trying something new when things took a turn, that's the spirit we like here! I am a huge NBA fan and I think we have some exciting times ahead of us with Lebron's legacy and the next rookie's class. I think you will find this forum most useful, make sure to check out the INSIDERS Section where things can be more easily shared.

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Welcome to the forum man!
I used to want to be a professional bball player until I stopped growing and everyone else kept growing haha.

Glad to see you're taking advantage of that downtime.

Giorgio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 13, 2014
Northern Italy
...and taught myself html, css, php etc etc...

First, congratulations on your foresight. The pro ball contract is an awesome payoff for you for your years of hard work to get there. The wisdom to use those finances to create something much larger and passive for the rest of your life is even better!

Question: Would you please share which books or online classes you used to learn these programming languages? I am in midst of doing the same and would love to learn from your experience. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...