What's new

Product Licensing

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

mtnman

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
1,743
Rep Bank
$1,255
User Power: 28%
I've been doing a bit of research on different types of product licensing and marketing, with intent of marketing a product online. I've never done this before and I'm getting a bit confused by what I'm finding. If anyone could give me some pointers or knows of any helpful resources, I would really appreciate it.

First off, I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel. For my example, I'll say I want to sell my own brand of shampoo and a skin ointment. I really only wish to market one product, but reasoning for both is the difference in opinion that I'm running into and don't understand.

For example, both products are topicals, but are differentiated by their implied use. Neither are intended to be consumable items. Where I'm getting lost is I'm finding that it's a fine line between an everyday use product and an implied use product. Such as, a skin ointment has an implied function, as to heal, improve, correct, etc...taken much more seriously by the many government regulation divisions. Whereas, shampoo's are not, for the most part.

Now that you get the idea of a general description, what determines the guidelines for something like this. I see things sold everyday online that aren't FDA approved, yada yada yada. Where are the legal guidelines in this arena? And how do you plan for a lasting business in the beginning, not just some "let's see if we can get away with moving 35k of Xwidget before shutting the doors"?

In trying to assume an accurate an ethical business plan, is there a proper procedure to follow for this particular category of products?

The way I understand it, if I were talking about 'consumable items', this would be a whole different ballgame. Does any of this sound accurate for those that may be seasoned a little bit?

Thanks in advance!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom