The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Product design

RaviX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 14, 2022
Hello guys. Just finishing up "Unscripted " which totally blew my mind. But now that I have my creative entrepreneurship juices flowing, I am coming here for some help. So I have an idea to make an exciting product in the market more convenient. I am not sure if the product is able to be created from a engineerical stand point. But I do think if the product works as I imagine it too, it can be valuable. I am very new to this space and have no background in engineering. I have found this website Kickr Design® - Product Prototyping, Engineering & Manufacturing which claims they can help with building a product. Has anyone heard of this website? Can you guys help guide me to the best way to approach this? Thanks you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Depends what you plan and product is.

Can you share more info about your plan? Kickstarter, build a prototype, do a bulk order, what are you planning to do?

What country will it be made in?

What will it be made out of?

Generally you can just find the right factory in China and work with them on everything. This will be a slow and frustrating process to do directly with the chinese if the product is complicated though.

You could pay someone on upwork to do a 3D model.

It really depends on the product.

Ayush_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 18, 2022
Hello guys. Just finishing up "Unscripted " which totally blew my mind. But now that I have my creative entrepreneurship juices flowing, I am coming here for some help. So I have an idea to make an exciting product in the market more convenient. I am not sure if the product is able to be created from a engineerical stand point. But I do think if the product works as I imagine it too, it can be valuable. I am very new to this space and have no background in engineering. I have found this website Kickr Design® - Product Prototyping, Engineering & Manufacturing which claims they can help with building a product. Has anyone heard of this website? Can you guys help guide me to the best way to approach this? Thanks you.
Are they only US based or global?

Giallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 6, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
Before investing into the full engineering of the product which can be very expensive, I'd encourage you to first test the value proposition of your idea - the desirability of your product with your target audience. Outside the actual feasibility of the concept, there's a lot of other factors that you will want to consider in the design to make it a successful product. Exploring and navigating this process is the key to a great product. Work up to a proof of concept (a physical prototype). Engineering will come at a much later stage.

This is clearly hard to discuss without knowing what your idea is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.