The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

procrastination!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Luke Phillips

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 5, 2017
Australia
Hey guys,

Recently returned to the forum after a 2.5 year hiatus! and I'm really looking forward to making some posts and engaging in fastlane/unscripted conversations.

Alright, lets things started!

I have a really bad habit of procrastinating and leaving things to the last minute, I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to this problem.

What ways/strategies do you use to help with this? and whats worked well?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
BURN THE BOATS! I've found that I procrastinate because I'm comfortable with my 9 to 5 job. I'm going to be quitting soon and burning the boats so that I've got no choice but to succeed. Ideal? No. But when do entrepreneurs ever do the "ideal" thing?

Luke Phillips

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 5, 2017
Australia
BURN THE BOATS! I've found that I procrastinate because I'm comfortable with my 9 to 5 job. I'm going to be quitting soon and burning the boats so that I've got no choice but to succeed. Ideal? No. But when do entrepreneurs ever do the "ideal" thing?
Hahahahaha, comfort can be a huge killer, will you have something whilst you're pursuing your dreams?

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
Hey guys,

Recently returned to the forum after a 2.5 year hiatus! and I'm really looking forward to making some posts and engaging in fastlane/unscripted conversations.

I have a really bad habit of procrastinating and leaving things to the last minute, I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to this problem.

I use GTD (Getting Things Done) in a Trello board. When I fall of the wagon I generally catch myself by noting that I feel overwhelmed, and I force myself to starting adding items to my inbox there and properly addressing them.

If I get way over my head, then I create a mind map with everything that is happening around me that I need to at least be aware of. This exercise of visually seeing everything calms me and often gives me the drive to start doing again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
Hahahahaha, comfort can be a huge killer, will you have something whilst you're pursuing your dreams?
I've got a nest egg of cash reserved so I can live off of it a few months.

I use GTD (Getting Things Done) in a Trello board. When I fall of the wagon I generally catch myself by noting that I feel overwhelmed, and I force myself to starting adding items to my inbox there and properly addressing them.

If I get way over my head, then I create a mind map with everything that is happening around me that I need to at least be aware of. This exercise of visually seeing everything calms me and often gives me the drive to start doing again.
I use the GTD method too! It's amazing for people who struggle with ADHD tendencies.

I've got 4 tabs on my google keep.
1 for my projects
1 for my waiting/in progress items
1 for my next actions list (made from the projects list but more actionable)
and 1 for future projects I MAY want to get into.

I've read GTD method book cover to cover because I couldn't put it down. Super helpful

Luke Phillips

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 5, 2017
Australia

I actually just looked this up now, looks pretty interesting, ill have to give it a go.

and with the mind mapping, do you write it down on paper?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Hey guys,

I came up with a great way to stop procrastinating, in school a teacher told me about this really strict method, it all starts with a good routine and laser focus. Now the way to do it?

Are you sure you wanna know how to stop it?

Are you COMMITTED?

Cause once I tell you, your life WILL change...

I'll tell you tomorrow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.