The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Process Thread (littlekingaz)

littlekingaz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Hey guys,

I decided to keep a progress log, mainly for myself but comments are always appreciated.

I'll start with what has been done so far:

-Unofficial business plan has been written
-Domain name has been bought, along with hosting
-I just got a business partner that I can finally trust
-I am enrolled in the Computer science club at my school officially
-Think and grow rich, The millionaire fastlane , rich dad poor dad, starting an online e-business, and The 36 hour course to online marketing have all been read
-Sold everything that I have that's material on craigslist, except my computer speakers because I need the music.

Right now, I am working on learning HTML and Javascript so that if my website fails, it won't be a problem and I can just make a new one within a matter of days.

I am trying to do basically what Biophase has down, except obviously in a completely different niche, and now I am working on all the designs (logos and website design) and getting the manufacturers to agree to let me sell their products.
I researched the competition, and I feel after the new skills I am about to acquire, we can definitely improve on this idea.

Will keep you guys updated!

-Ryan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

littlekingaz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
The following moves have been made:

-A collection of 20 blog topics targeted towards our niche has been compiled

-The structure/blueprint of how the site is going to work has been drawn out

-More products have been added to the inventory so now we have over 15 products

-New network connections have been made, thanks to the super bowl

-funding money has been locked in, rent has been paid for the next 5 months so I won't have to worry about overspending or anything like that

-Completed my first successful CSS layout and HTML (nothing big, but it's a start).

By the way, if anyone reads this, is it necessary and smart to learn coding for e-commerce or an online store ,more specifically? All you guys with experience with online stores please let me know how you got started. That would help TREMENDOUSLY with the stages, because me and my business partner want to get started developing the site right away, but we are having trouble focusing our energy on ONE task.

littlekingaz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
*New Updates*

Brand has been created: FraturalResources

Hosting and Domain for second site have been purchased

Online Shop has been purchased: Shopify

CMS has been downloaded: Drupal

Working on:
-Transfering domain to shopify platform

-Getting permission for products to be sold

-Customizing site to be launched

-Ryan

Affportal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 15, 2011
Glad you went with a cms and shopping cart script with this one. That will save you a ton of time. You can host multiple sites on one hosting account to keep costs a little lower. I use hostgator.com for most of my sites.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

littlekingaz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Came here to post real quick and say I'm in FULL fastlane mode, and have been educating myself daily..I go through a book a day (Yes, I'm serious.When you read an astronomical amount of books, your reading skills improve tremendously, and I can read incredibly fast while retaining info). Withdrew from ASU with my business partner to pursue our ventures full force.

I've been super busy, and basically "work" 16 hour days. Not a day or single minute is wasted. I wish I could post all the updates, but there are just too many of them. All I wanted to say was that the reason I haven't been active is because I have made so many huge changes, all positive, and everything just seems to be going right. When one little set back happens, me and my business partner find a way to correct it almost immediately. Every 'risk' taken has been so calculated and systematic; I feel like I'm in complete and total control over my life. Business professors are merely just 'how to be great employee's for a business' professor.

Numbers are everything. LEARN FINANCE. Calculated and well orchestrated risks stem from this important skill. So glad I took the time to learn it, and then apply it.

We are currently generating the capital to get the site up, and have met so many people over this past month just by networking. Great mentors, it's incredible. I refuse to be that tragic story of the "struggling entrepreneur that just can't seem to make things happen". That's why I'm not coming back until I can provide huge value to the site.

Everything is going at 200 mph, and I'm loving it all.

. I've re-read MJ's Book as well and highlighted the **** out of it. I've found the secret truly is education and just filling your brain with a skill set that is deadly. Building skill sets and being knowledgeable has shed light on everything. I seriously sound like an MJ/Kiyosaki/Hill/every other millionaire clone.

I just get it now. I get it. All my rookie posts from before are silly, and I know what it takes now. Execution truly is everything. I wish I would have read a lot more before I made those posts. I can't believe that was me writing all that.

I'll be back one day!

-Ryan

P.S. M.J., I might be responsible for those recent influxes of book orders you've been getting. When I'm done with my day, I preach LOL. Thanks once again. Your book is me and my business partner's bible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.