The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Process, Goals, Action: Countdown to July 20th, 2019:

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
I am setting big goals for myself to achieve by July 20th, 2019 02:56:15 GMT. And taking daily action to get there.

The Goals:

1. Build a completely time independent business.
2. Build a business that can I can run from an internet connection.
3. Start a roadtrip to see all 50 states (yes, I'll take my car to Hawaii) and Canadian provinces/territories. I love working. I also want to see the US while I am physically able.
4. Start a foundation to sponsor surgeries for a painful deformity. I will disclose it at a later date or in person. I will never ask a forum member for donations to sponsor a surgery. This goal is especially important to me as I have this deformity and it really sucks.
5. Have this progress thread be a breadcrumb trail for future forum members. The progress will start out fairly slow and boring, then increase exponentially. I love reading progress threads that start from step 0 or worse. The forum can always use more.

I know these goals might not sound big, but they are my goals and very important to me.

The Process:
Right now, I've done Upwork gigs and a variety of other odd gigs. None of them have a path towards a bigger business nor my goals. I did learn a lot from those projects.

My business model at the moment involves jumping into affiliate marketing in a niche I am developing a product for. Affiliate marketing will not achieve my goals... actually it will. Other people will be my affiliates.

Affiliate marketing will be my springboard to a bigger end goal... I will also use it to build a mailing list for my product release. My means may also include Upwork gigs, digging ditches, flipping burgers, hard physical labor, or other business opportunities that arise. My landlord, the grocery store, and Visa don't care that digging ditches is tough and degrading (it's not degrading btw). I'll do what I gotta do as long as it is ethical.

Currently sourcing manufacturers to produce my custom product. Also researching my product further and learning all I can about it. I've used the product in the past and I know ways to make it better.
Also, researching affiliate offers in my niche.

Updates will be slow/infrequent in the beginning as the process is rather slow.

The countdown starts:
Countdown to Freedom - July 20th, 2019

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
So, SquatchMan why that very specific date and time?

That date and time (July 20th, 1969 2:56:15 GMT) is the 50th anniversary of Neil Armstrong taking the first step on the moon.

The pinnacle of human achievement was set into motion when John F. Kennedy told a joint session of Congress on May 25th, 1961 that man would walk on the moon by the end of the decade.

The US was losing the space race and Kennedy knew the US had to do the impossible to win.

People called Kennedy crazy for setting such a large goal for such a short time period.

The scientists knew they had a deadline and they worked hard to achieve it. Hard to believe the federal government worked hard at anything. I digress.

I am doing a similar thing. Albeit with a slightly smaller goal and a shorter timeframe.

Enough with the history. Back to work.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Affiliate ads up and pending approval. $100/day to test each ad.

Cull the losers. Scale up the winners.

Really should start screenshotting all the competitor ads. Pretty sure copywriters have swipe files of good ad copy for when they hit walls. Why not do it with visual advertisements?

Also, how the hell do people use the internet without an Ad Blocker?

It sucks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.