The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Presenting price offer to clients

Marketing, social media, advertising

adispy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 1, 2021
Hello people,
Something is bugging me about how to present the offers and the prices to clients. I am in the IT field and I want to go door-to-door to clients and present the offer and eventually discuss the price.
As you can probably figure it out, calculating the price in front of the client is not such a great idea, and here comes my questions:
- How do I know how many computers/network equipment do they have so I can go back home and calculate the price?
- Do I have to first go with an offer/package and tell them what I can do for them and their business? Get the info about their business and network then come back a second or a third time with the price.

I guess I want to know what are the steps involved until we reach negotiation or signing the contracts.

Thanks,
Adrian

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
- How do I know how many computers/network equipment do they have so I can go back home and calculate the price?
By asking them lol

- Do I have to first go with an offer/package and tell them what I can do for them and their business? Get the info about their business and network then come back a second or a third time with the price.
Seek to disqualify. For example if you can only service clients with x amount of computers, have that be a part of your initial pitch. Kill two birds with one stone.

I guess I want to know what are the steps involved until we reach negotiation or signing the contracts.
See above.

adispy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 1, 2021
So basically I go once tell them what I do and what I can do for them, ask them what they need, how many endpoints do they have etc...
Come back home with the information I got, create a price offer and go back the second time to present it.

Do you think that I should call before having the first meeting? I will be a bit invasive knocking at the door, but at least I have a better chance of them listening and seeing the printed slides.
Based on your experience, is there a time to wait before going back with the price offer. I'm guessing the sooner the better.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Half the battle in sales and marketing is knowing how to effectively communicate.

Call, go in-person, and use a third channel (email, direct mail, social media touches).

Dedicate time around your target audience and you'll eventually pickup on keywords and jargon they'll drop which you can then use in your pitches to get real talks going and meetings booked.

You'll be able to tinker with the pricing once you get into actual conversations with people who have a problem your services fix.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.