account602
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 11, 2013
- Messages
- 8
Rep Bank
$115
$115
User Power: 13%
Met an old friend today who had moved to America from India about 10 years ago. She grew up with me in Delhi and moved to the States to pursue her education and career. What I immediately noticed about her was that she had developed a solid American accent.
I confronted her about this and she told me that she wasn't comfortable talking in her Indian accent in America and therefore had to adapt. She would switch to her native Indian accent when she was around her friends in Delhi but talk "American" to her friends in America.
Now the problem she's facing is that her friends from America are flying down to Delhi the day after and staying with her for two weeks. She's distressed about the fact that she wont be able to pull off the dual accents when the friends meet and might cause tension from both parties. She asked me what to do but I'm too dumbstruck to help her in this situation.
She is deeply concerned about her reputation and is worried that both ends might find out about her fake identities. Im only looking out for her because she's and old friend and honors my trust. I hate to decline help to a person who would approach me with their problems but I just don't know what to say. Im sure there is a way around this. What do you guys think I should tell her?
I confronted her about this and she told me that she wasn't comfortable talking in her Indian accent in America and therefore had to adapt. She would switch to her native Indian accent when she was around her friends in Delhi but talk "American" to her friends in America.
Now the problem she's facing is that her friends from America are flying down to Delhi the day after and staying with her for two weeks. She's distressed about the fact that she wont be able to pull off the dual accents when the friends meet and might cause tension from both parties. She asked me what to do but I'm too dumbstruck to help her in this situation.
She is deeply concerned about her reputation and is worried that both ends might find out about her fake identities. Im only looking out for her because she's and old friend and honors my trust. I hate to decline help to a person who would approach me with their problems but I just don't know what to say. Im sure there is a way around this. What do you guys think I should tell her?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
