- Joined
- Nov 21, 2010
- Messages
- 195
Rep Bank
$490
$490
User Power: 31%
I had this idea on my way home from Miami Thursday. I've run it by some friends and they seem to like it(liking it and paying money for it is two different things though, but I'd like to get yall's opinion as well. Here's the run down
Background: I never like caring cash on me when I go out to clubs or to concerts. I don't like having that potential chance of losing my wallet or being pick-pocketed etc. But I do enjoy supporting the bands I like by purchasing their merch and I enjoy drinking when I'm clubbing it up. So I set out to find a way to beat that.
Idea: So here's the idea, have a website where bands/bars/clubs/disco's etc. can go and make a page. For the bands, they can put up there music so people can listen to them. Also have a place for them to list there merchandise, tour dates, contact info, band members, photos/videos. They can also put blog entries while there on the road or just to keep there fans updated on what there doing. For the club/bar side of it, they can list times there open, if they have any upcoming special events going on(st. paddys day, new years, special appearances etc.) photos/videos, who there bartenders/dj's are, also a list of drinks they serve that you can order before a certain time. Then all the customer would need to do is go to the bartender give them there name, they check them off a list make there drink and done. Less money to be exchanged so less likely of people losing money and less cash inside the register. Also it would cut down on make time, the bartender wouldn't need to make change or run a card.
Individuals could also make a user name on the site so they can "favorite" bands and clubs they go to or "favorite" drinks they like as well. They can have there credit card info on there as well so they can order stuff.
Profit: How will I get profit? Well for every item sold, weather a t-shirt or a drink. I would take commission, 5% for using the site, if they want to upgrade to something larger so they don't have to pay out for every transaction they can purchase a monthly or yearly subscription.
Marketing: I would have to cold call businesses to get them onto the site. As for the individuals, well I know bands would be promoting it so they could make sales. I would also promote it to booking agencies to help them find bands to book. I'm not sure if adwords or anything would help with getting individuals to the site, oh and of course I'd be doing SEO.
Well there is my idea, open to all opinions. Just thought of this on my way home from Miami, a 16 hour drive..would definitely make you want to think of something. lol I haven't done much research yet on if something like this exists or not. I know there is myspace for bands but I don't know anybody that uses that anymore and also purevolume but there based around the music scene as well.
Background: I never like caring cash on me when I go out to clubs or to concerts. I don't like having that potential chance of losing my wallet or being pick-pocketed etc. But I do enjoy supporting the bands I like by purchasing their merch and I enjoy drinking when I'm clubbing it up. So I set out to find a way to beat that.
Idea: So here's the idea, have a website where bands/bars/clubs/disco's etc. can go and make a page. For the bands, they can put up there music so people can listen to them. Also have a place for them to list there merchandise, tour dates, contact info, band members, photos/videos. They can also put blog entries while there on the road or just to keep there fans updated on what there doing. For the club/bar side of it, they can list times there open, if they have any upcoming special events going on(st. paddys day, new years, special appearances etc.) photos/videos, who there bartenders/dj's are, also a list of drinks they serve that you can order before a certain time. Then all the customer would need to do is go to the bartender give them there name, they check them off a list make there drink and done. Less money to be exchanged so less likely of people losing money and less cash inside the register. Also it would cut down on make time, the bartender wouldn't need to make change or run a card.
Individuals could also make a user name on the site so they can "favorite" bands and clubs they go to or "favorite" drinks they like as well. They can have there credit card info on there as well so they can order stuff.
Profit: How will I get profit? Well for every item sold, weather a t-shirt or a drink. I would take commission, 5% for using the site, if they want to upgrade to something larger so they don't have to pay out for every transaction they can purchase a monthly or yearly subscription.
Marketing: I would have to cold call businesses to get them onto the site. As for the individuals, well I know bands would be promoting it so they could make sales. I would also promote it to booking agencies to help them find bands to book. I'm not sure if adwords or anything would help with getting individuals to the site, oh and of course I'd be doing SEO.
Well there is my idea, open to all opinions. Just thought of this on my way home from Miami, a 16 hour drive..would definitely make you want to think of something. lol I haven't done much research yet on if something like this exists or not. I know there is myspace for bands but I don't know anybody that uses that anymore and also purevolume but there based around the music scene as well.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
