- Joined
- Jun 7, 2008
- Messages
- 476
Rep Bank
$3,201
$3,201
User Power: 992%
In business you must stay creative to get ahead. I love thinking of new ways to do things and implementing them.
When I got an email on Tuesday stating that the new iPhone 3G S was coming out this past Friday, a little light bulb went on in my head. The previous 3g phones still hold their value and can actually bring you more cash than you payed for them with your upgrade. I knew the demand for these new iPhones would be insane, and I had to find a way to cash in.
I walked into an empty office at work and began creating an eBay ad for an iPhone 3g s in my eBay store. It was 2:30pm on Tuesday...so I made the auction 24 hours long with strict payment terms of no later than 12 hours after the end of the auction.
Without contract, the 3g s 16GB cost 599.00 plus tax. I knew if the auction didn't get up to at least 750.00 that it would not be worth my time. 24 hours later, my auction was at $835.00. I had successfully created money out of thin air with just a few pictures of a consumer product any Joe blow can buy.
The winner was a guy from Singapore who payed very promptly through his verified paypal account. I got in line at apple at 2AM Friday morning with my friend. We got in at 7AM, got the man his phone and went and shipped it.
835.00 + 35 shipping = 870.00 to my account.
870.00
-639.85 (cost of phone)
- 27.90 (shipping)
= 202.25 profit.
I had 5 free listing credits with eBay, so the auction cost me nothing to list and took no deduction off the price of my sale. I had 11.70 in my paypal because of previous sales. And because I had an upgrade available on my AT&T contract the phone only cost me $199.
Pretty sweet if you ask me! When the next iPhone comes out, you can all do it to.
Maybe I will try to scale this?
All I know is I found my new love in this new iPhone! I'm officially obsessed!
G_Alexander
When I got an email on Tuesday stating that the new iPhone 3G S was coming out this past Friday, a little light bulb went on in my head. The previous 3g phones still hold their value and can actually bring you more cash than you payed for them with your upgrade. I knew the demand for these new iPhones would be insane, and I had to find a way to cash in.
I walked into an empty office at work and began creating an eBay ad for an iPhone 3g s in my eBay store. It was 2:30pm on Tuesday...so I made the auction 24 hours long with strict payment terms of no later than 12 hours after the end of the auction.
Without contract, the 3g s 16GB cost 599.00 plus tax. I knew if the auction didn't get up to at least 750.00 that it would not be worth my time. 24 hours later, my auction was at $835.00. I had successfully created money out of thin air with just a few pictures of a consumer product any Joe blow can buy.
The winner was a guy from Singapore who payed very promptly through his verified paypal account. I got in line at apple at 2AM Friday morning with my friend. We got in at 7AM, got the man his phone and went and shipped it.
835.00 + 35 shipping = 870.00 to my account.
870.00
-639.85 (cost of phone)
- 27.90 (shipping)
= 202.25 profit.
I had 5 free listing credits with eBay, so the auction cost me nothing to list and took no deduction off the price of my sale. I had 11.70 in my paypal because of previous sales. And because I had an upgrade available on my AT&T contract the phone only cost me $199.
Pretty sweet if you ask me! When the next iPhone comes out, you can all do it to.
Maybe I will try to scale this?
All I know is I found my new love in this new iPhone! I'm officially obsessed!
G_Alexander
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
