The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post Exit - What to do?

Anything related to matters of the mind

fvcorp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Nov 28, 2017
Canada
Tomorrow I’ll be signing away my company as it is the final day of the acquisition process.

The sale is not life changing, but it makes it so I don’t “have” to work again and can live comfortably off interest.

This is not my first acquisition but it’s the largest.

I have an earn out period. But ultimately I’m expected to hand my roles over to the very capable people at the new company. I will have nothing to do very soon.

This sale was a unique one. The company was only 3 years old and due diligence on the sale took six months (1/6th of the company’s life was just the process of selling it).

Yet still, I am feeling a bit emotional about it. The butterflies of not knowing what’s next, the doubts that I may not be able to top this performance.

My exit amount is a drop in the bucket compared to the fine folks here. What is your secret about handling post exit blues?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
685%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az

fvcorp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Nov 28, 2017
Canada
What do you want to do with your time?

I want to start or acquire something and sell it for 10 times this amount on the next market upswing in 4-5 years. What thing do I want to do? Still not
100% certain.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fvcorp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Nov 28, 2017
Canada
Sharing your story in detail, for starters.

I start or buy companies, grow them and often sell them. 1/4th of the time I succeed. In this case, I’ve succeeded and I’m exhausted and the tank is empty.

I am a software developer so I can focus on higher multiple businesses.

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
685%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I want to start or acquire something and sell it for 10 times this amount on the next market upswing in 4-5 years. What thing do I want to do? Still not
100% certain.
Do you want to do that because you like the end goal (example: money) . Or do you just legitimately enjoy the process or find it fulfilling?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.