Tom at aptohosting has placed the new text on the home page. It looks good, in my opinion. His work is top notch. I want to thank everyone for their thoughts. I will take some time and share part of my marketing strategy. I doubt that I need to ask for feedback as I am sure I will get plenty.
So, here is what I am thinking. I want to create some buzz and create word of mouth pockets at various points around the country so that information about the site just doesn't eminate from one location but from many. Ideally, I could have someone from each of the 50 states and a few other countries as well. What I would expect of an associate/moderator is two fold: 1. Talk up the site to family, friends, around town and create some knowledge of the site. I think people will see some benefit whether it is ad-free, charity, or prizes. One of those angles should be appealing to many people. 2. I would expect the associate/moderator to help start the social community by becoming a member and a somewhat active poster whether it be blogging, posting picks, befriending some new users from their state, etc. I certainly don't want you to spend all day or night on the site. By all means, you should have a life.
What I would offer in return for the above: 1. A sliding scale commission on each subscription for your geographic locale (regardless of whether you talked to them or not) just for getting the ball rolling. This will not be a MLM commission type scheme. There will only be one person per state who would be paid like an independent contractor. The commission would begin at 50 members by Dec 1, 2008 and would pay at 10% ($2.50 x 50 = $125). For each 50 member increase the commission increases by 1% up to a total of 20%. This would occur regardless of the number of individuals who joined from your state (eg, 12,000 members x $5 = $60,000). As long as you stayed active and involved as a moderator to watch for inappropriate content and subscriptions are renewed, this would become residual annual income.
2. For those who live in smaller states, I would pay bonus money to those moderators if certain global targets are met so that it would benefit all even if they told friends or relatives who lived elsewhere. The idea is to grow the site quickly. 3. Finally, if the site has an IPO or a major investment over $50 million, 50% of the funds will be used for prizes, and 10% of those funds will be evenly split between all moderators. I want to reward people who help me grow this site.
So, here is what I am thinking. I want to create some buzz and create word of mouth pockets at various points around the country so that information about the site just doesn't eminate from one location but from many. Ideally, I could have someone from each of the 50 states and a few other countries as well. What I would expect of an associate/moderator is two fold: 1. Talk up the site to family, friends, around town and create some knowledge of the site. I think people will see some benefit whether it is ad-free, charity, or prizes. One of those angles should be appealing to many people. 2. I would expect the associate/moderator to help start the social community by becoming a member and a somewhat active poster whether it be blogging, posting picks, befriending some new users from their state, etc. I certainly don't want you to spend all day or night on the site. By all means, you should have a life.
What I would offer in return for the above: 1. A sliding scale commission on each subscription for your geographic locale (regardless of whether you talked to them or not) just for getting the ball rolling. This will not be a MLM commission type scheme. There will only be one person per state who would be paid like an independent contractor. The commission would begin at 50 members by Dec 1, 2008 and would pay at 10% ($2.50 x 50 = $125). For each 50 member increase the commission increases by 1% up to a total of 20%. This would occur regardless of the number of individuals who joined from your state (eg, 12,000 members x $5 = $60,000). As long as you stayed active and involved as a moderator to watch for inappropriate content and subscriptions are renewed, this would become residual annual income.
2. For those who live in smaller states, I would pay bonus money to those moderators if certain global targets are met so that it would benefit all even if they told friends or relatives who lived elsewhere. The idea is to grow the site quickly. 3. Finally, if the site has an IPO or a major investment over $50 million, 50% of the funds will be used for prizes, and 10% of those funds will be evenly split between all moderators. I want to reward people who help me grow this site.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
