The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pingbacks and Trackbacks

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I've been throwing up a couple of sites a day, using auto-content. I'm getting decent traffic, and they are starting to kick out some money.

Part of the system I'm using deals with Deep Linking. It is a plugin that I use that links to blogs with keywords related to the auto-generated posts. Since I started it, I'm getting a mess of emails with Pingbacks in them. My question is...are these notifications that someone is linking to me, or requests for me to link to them?

Also, if there is any difference between a pingback and a trackback, can someone explain it?

I'm a bit confused with these things, and hope one of you IM geniuses can help.

:thankyousign:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

blackraven

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 3, 2010
They are the same, basically turn up in the comments section to approve or decline. So I'm guessing it's people like you who post masses of trackbacks and pingbacks to my blogs! I don't see how it's any use, I use WP-No Spam plugin to completely block all pingbacks and trackbacks.

Do you find you get many links from it though?

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
I must be getting links from them, since I've done no linking, yet have links showing up when I use Market Samurai Rank Tracker.

Most of the backlinks I've looked at are RSS or Tag accumulators, not blogs.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
They are the same, basically turn up in the comments section to approve or decline. So I'm guessing it's people like you who post masses of trackbacks and pingbacks to my blogs! I don't see how it's any use, I use WP-No Spam plugin to completely block all pingbacks and trackbacks.

Do you find you get many links from it though?

BlackRaven,

Welcome to the forum. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but your comment seems slightly insulting. Bflbob is a respected member of this community and as of now, you are unknown to us. Furthermore, your I.P. was flagged once as spam by another website. Tread lightly on this forum.

Perhaps your intent was not to be rude. If so, please comply with forum policies and post an introduction that includes your area of interest and your goals. This is a great forum and it's full of valuable resources. There is a wealth of information to be referenced here for those who abide by policy.

That said,

Welcome and good luck in the Fastlane! :fastlane:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Sparlin:

Thanks for covering my back, but I took it as a light jab, not an insult.

Back on track, I'm still lost as to how valuable pingbacks and such are.

On person says they are great, because they create links to and from keyword-related sites. Others say they are just an annoyance.

In my mind, they are good if I have a site on Cranberry Colored Widgets and I'm getting links from other Widget sites. But they aren't so valuable if I'm getting links from "CranberryLovers.com" or the NAACP because of the "colored" keyword. (No offense intended, when I say those links aren't good. They just aren't really related to my site other than by a word.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.