The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Physician Transitioning Outta the Slow lane

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Hi y'all,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Been reading the forums for about a week along with MJ's book (just finished).

* MJ, your book is what I've been looking for ever since I realized that my long sought after Physician career was nothing more than a gold plated Slow lane. THANKS!

* I'm living in Texas and am trying to decide which FL road to travel. I've got several ideas (lol @ "neurological farts") and trying to plan the best way forward : product with distribution versus Internet based business.

Been following the likes of @JackEdwards, @zen*******, @healthstatus and y'all are inspirational.

Overall, I'm excited and more than a little daunted at the prospect of leaving the SL,, but not so much that I want anyone to control my success in the years to come.

Goals : travel 3 months a year, build the business to 7 or 8 figures in 3 years. Hope that I'm not being ridiculous.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Welcome! Coming from a family of 8 physicians I commend you for having an open mind and continuing your path :)
I know how difficult it is to accept after 10+ years of effort poured into doing things one way then accepting there is another better way.

Do you own your own practice?

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Welcome! Coming from a family of 8 physicians I commend you for having an open mind and continuing your path :)
I know how difficult it is to accept after 10+ years of effort poured into doing things one way then accepting there is another better way.

Do you own your own practice?
Thank you for the kindness.

No, I am an employee and I don't see that opening my own practice in my specialty would be workable in my area due to saturation.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Where in Texas? Anything is possible.
You're right. Anything IS possible. What I am trying to avoid is building a business that is poorly conceived, based on a flawed premise, etc. I want to be smart as I can right from the first.

My plan at this moment is to pick one reasonable idea, get it under way in about 60 days, and hopefully quit my day job in one year.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Yay for MD's on here. (I'm an MD/PhD student)

Hope we can encourage each other!
Same here.

BTW, I think that when I finally announce that I'm not going to continue in the SL, a lot of my colleagues are going to think that I'm really weird...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...