The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Photo website - copyright

Brad 1138

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 17, 2022
Though I never put it online, in 2013 I created a fairly big website depicting pictures of the homes of baseball players which I hoped to monetize with ads. I found their addresses from autograph-seeker books from the 1980s and the pictures were from expired MLS listings from Google images.

Each page had a baseball card to put a face with the home. The address would not be provided, but I included the city, state, bedroom count, bathroom count, sq ft., and year built.

Where images could not be found, I used Google maps street-view as a substitute. I wanted to expand to feature other types of renowned people (actors, artists, philosophers, etc) past and present.

Part of me wants to resume this and it is not practical to track down and ask for permission for so many pictures for something of this scale.

I don’t know if this would be covered by Fair Use (I’m not sure I’d be depriving someone of a market). Is this too risky and would general liability coverage provide legal protection from copyright?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.