While our focus these days has been primarily on car washes, I have found myself diverted by a listing for a ‘tech support’ company for sale in the area. Perhaps, this is my software background creeping up on me. 
The concept is that, for a monthly fee, this organization will provide technical support for your small to medium business (think law firm, real estate office, CPA, etc.). The company has about 100 contracts (clients), has been in the industry almost 10 years and is the recipient of at least one ‘Best Of’ award in the area.
Unlike many other businesses, there are no physical assets. You are simply purchasing a book of contracts, a reputation, some intellectual property and a few 1099 employees.
I would be interested to hear people’s thoughts on such a business. Good or bad.
I tend to think the business is sustainable. Even in recessionary times, people will always need tech support. Statistics show that the number of small businesses is growing and, to be cost efficient, it would make more sense to outsource than to hire in-house. The existing owners do very little advertising and are simply burnt out and looking to do something completely non-technical (which I can totally understand, having been burnt out by tech once before myself).
An alternative approach would be to start your own; however, I am not interested in a start-up. We want a business which is producing income now and has room for growth and improvement.
Any thoughts?
The concept is that, for a monthly fee, this organization will provide technical support for your small to medium business (think law firm, real estate office, CPA, etc.). The company has about 100 contracts (clients), has been in the industry almost 10 years and is the recipient of at least one ‘Best Of’ award in the area.
Unlike many other businesses, there are no physical assets. You are simply purchasing a book of contracts, a reputation, some intellectual property and a few 1099 employees.
I would be interested to hear people’s thoughts on such a business. Good or bad.
I tend to think the business is sustainable. Even in recessionary times, people will always need tech support. Statistics show that the number of small businesses is growing and, to be cost efficient, it would make more sense to outsource than to hire in-house. The existing owners do very little advertising and are simply burnt out and looking to do something completely non-technical (which I can totally understand, having been burnt out by tech once before myself).
An alternative approach would be to start your own; however, I am not interested in a start-up. We want a business which is producing income now and has room for growth and improvement.
Any thoughts?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
