JasonR
Maverick
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but if the mods would like to move it please do.
Long story short...I was out of college, working on a start up small business, and it failed. I couldn't get a job quick enough and fell behind on some credit card debt (also ended up selling most of my possessions to keep my bills as paid and up to date as I could). I got a job, and got on a debt management program. I've now paid all of my past due debt and collection debt (very ugly, not fun, avoid this if at all possible). I am also working on repairing my credit at the moment, as I know it's extremely important to my success.
So now I have slightly less than $2000 in Credit Card debt, which is in a program at a low(ish) interest rate. I am saving all that I can, and keeping my expenses low (while there still is rent and bills to pay). I've settled on a niche, and am working towards launching a bootstrapped e-commerce site.e I'm struggling with using every cent earned to pay off debt, or to put it towards the new business.
I figured some one here could point me in the right direction. I know that debt is parisitic (partially due to MJ's book). Thanks in advance.
Long story short...I was out of college, working on a start up small business, and it failed. I couldn't get a job quick enough and fell behind on some credit card debt (also ended up selling most of my possessions to keep my bills as paid and up to date as I could). I got a job, and got on a debt management program. I've now paid all of my past due debt and collection debt (very ugly, not fun, avoid this if at all possible). I am also working on repairing my credit at the moment, as I know it's extremely important to my success.
So now I have slightly less than $2000 in Credit Card debt, which is in a program at a low(ish) interest rate. I am saving all that I can, and keeping my expenses low (while there still is rent and bills to pay). I've settled on a niche, and am working towards launching a bootstrapped e-commerce site.e I'm struggling with using every cent earned to pay off debt, or to put it towards the new business.
I figured some one here could point me in the right direction. I know that debt is parisitic (partially due to MJ's book). Thanks in advance.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
