div
New Contributor
- Joined
- Aug 5, 2015
- Messages
- 15
Rep Bank
$60
$60
User Power: 60%
So the product that I figured I had invented has a patent application which almost surely encompasses it entirely.
I did a patent search two weeks ago but did not find this patent app then.
Since then, I've developed prototypes... I was holding out on market testing because I wanted patents in Europe and selling some would make applying for patents impossible. But this does not look good...there was never a product like this, someone just applied for a patent for it a few years ago.
I don't want to scrap the idea because of this, I still think I can make a killing because it solves a big pain point, saving individuals hundreds possibly thousands of dollars a person.
Looking at that pa, it is really comprehensive, I am not sure I could make a substantial improvement. There is a small hope since it is not exactly the same.
For those of you who have experience with a similar situation, what do you advise?
I did a patent search two weeks ago but did not find this patent app then.
Since then, I've developed prototypes... I was holding out on market testing because I wanted patents in Europe and selling some would make applying for patents impossible. But this does not look good...there was never a product like this, someone just applied for a patent for it a few years ago.
I don't want to scrap the idea because of this, I still think I can make a killing because it solves a big pain point, saving individuals hundreds possibly thousands of dollars a person.
Looking at that pa, it is really comprehensive, I am not sure I could make a substantial improvement. There is a small hope since it is not exactly the same.
For those of you who have experience with a similar situation, what do you advise?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
