The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Painful Progress

D

Deleted50669

As I've been living in the slow-lane (more like the sidewalk), I've accrued substantial credit card debt through my consumerism. This morning I took the first $10,000.00 I've earned outside of my day job the past couple years and paid most of it off.

I could have hit up the mall for new threads, taken a vacation, or done some other gratifying activity. But I swallowed hard and made the transfer. This is a preliminary step towards being unfucked.

- Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
That is a Huge step in a great direction. When I had my credit card, I always paid more than the minimum payment, just so I could have a bit more control over my payments and to control what I was spending. I didn't over do it where the spending thing was concerned. I remembered when I cleared my credit card and decided to return it to the bank, it was as if I was cursing the Cust. Rep's mother, that's how serious it is to return a credit card. I saw the credit card as an unnecessary recurring loan that I didn't want to be involved with, as indeed, I felt I was playing with my financial future keeping it.

Debit cards however, though I don't have one yet - it's still new to my country - I don't mind using these instead, as it is necessary for you to provide funds first before you spend. The reason this is still new to my country is because the banks recognise how much money they are making off credit card debt, so they're seeing the Credit cards as more a necessity than the debit cards. Financial literacy is such an important aspect of life, whether on a basic level or an advanced level, it is 100% absolutely necessary, just so we can extend our financial freedom along the way.

As you have mentioned, it feels hard paying that $10 000, but, if it means this path will offer you financial freedom in your future, then by all means keep monitoring and taking charge all the way on this. Kudos for handling your expenses.

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
Honestly, it stings. Thinking about what the buying power was is rough. But looking ahead 5 years, I'll be thanking myself.

I certainly don't have 10k sitting around but I know what it feels like to dig into debt. I've been paying cards off since April and I'm down four. Working two jobs is helping but it's not as fast as I'd like.

Keep at it. You'll feel relief sooner than 5 years from now.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Thinking about what the buying power was is rough.

????

You DID use that buying power.

You used it to buy freedom.

Freedom from spending your life paying that debt.

You literally bought some of your life back.

Best purchase you could of made for yourself. Good work.

D

Deleted50669

????

Thanks, that's probably a better perspective.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
????

You have the event, and you have the judgement of that event.

This is a great example how you could be happier just by changing your judgement of something as @MidwestLandlord did.

You could say "I am unhappy because this has happened to me"

OR

You could say "I am happy though this has happened to me"

If you believe that everything that occurs in your life happens as it is supposed to, then you will be able to find the good things in anything (fatalistic approach).

You would not be the person who are today without what you did in the past.

Good job.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
????

Plus you already used that buying power when you racked up the $10k of debt. You don't get to use it twice.

stavedeve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 27, 2017
Minneapaolis
As I've been living in the slow-lane (more like the sidewalk), I've accrued substantial credit card debt through my consumerism. This morning I took the first $10,000.00 I've earned outside of my day job the past couple years and paid most of it off.

I could have hit up the mall for new threads, taken a vacation, or done some other gratifying activity. But I swallowed hard and made the transfer. This is a preliminary step towards being unfucked.

- Cheers

Congrats man! Happy for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!