The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paid courses and actual results

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Bernardo De Mach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
May 31, 2020
United Kingdom
I'm getting pretty deep into the Fastlane lifestyle. With a lot of failed start-ups, I realized how important education is. Pirating books and videos on marketing and coding will open doors but not take you up the stairs. I'm still naive and conflicted on the best route to take.

Should I pay for a course in marketing in particular E-commerce? Or go balls deep into coding school and learn to program? or go into copywriting? Is copywriting dead? Seems like everyone can program these days, and in terms of Ecommerce such skill can be delegated. Marketing and sales appear to be a major weak point for me, I am decent at writing but I fail to tap into the mind of my desired market when running my ads.

Should I go into education again? would be worth it or is there an opportunity cost with experience on more failures?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021
First make the mindset shift of going from consumer to producer, from buyer to seller. You are thinking too much like a buyer. Which makes some sense since you are still learning. You are essentially gambling though. You are looking to buy a course hoping it is the push button easy riches.

I suggest doing everything for free. Do not buy anything. Instead focus on selling. Whether that is your own product, someone else's product, or selling ads through ad revenue. Then drive traffic to those offers or ads with free traffic like JV traffic then once revenue starts coming in, invest in paid traffic. In terms of courses you can find a lot on youtube for free, just wade through the low quality stuff.

And the mindset of failure. Be careful with your language. To me there is no failure, only data. Because business involves a lot of experimentation.

I hope you start generating revenue soon, because when you do it is such a motivation boost that you will keep wanting more.

Bernardo De Mach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
May 31, 2020
United Kingdom
First make the mindset shift of going from consumer to producer, from buyer to seller. You are thinking too much like a buyer. Which makes some sense since you are still learning. You are essentially gambling though. You are looking to buy a course hoping it is the push button easy riches.

I suggest doing everything for free. Do not buy anything. Instead focus on selling. Whether that is your own product, someone else's product, or selling ads through ad revenue. Then drive traffic to those offers or ads with free traffic like JV traffic then once revenue starts coming in, invest in paid traffic. In terms of courses you can find a lot on youtube for free, just wade through the low quality stuff.

And the mindset of failure. Be careful with your language. To me there is no failure, only data. Because business involves a lot of experimentation.

I hope you start generating revenue soon, because when you do it is such a motivation boost that you will keep wanting more.
Thanks bud, what are your ventures like at the current moment. How did you start and where are you now?

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
I have found that the biggest leaps that happened in my business and life was by meeting people that were way ahead of me.

Right now I'm partnering with someone in my business who expanded my ambition 10x, and we're making progress much faster than I anticipated.

I am adopting that person's mindset on business, and this will pay dividends for my whole life.

Is there a topic that fascinates you, or a person that you would absolutely love to learn from, that you'd be willing to work for free?

Bernardo De Mach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
May 31, 2020
United Kingdom
I have found that the biggest leaps that happened in my business and life was by meeting people that were way ahead of me.

Right now I'm partnering with someone in my business who expanded my ambition 10x, and we're making progress much faster than I anticipated.

I am adopting that person's mindset on business, and this will pay dividends for my whole life.

Is there a topic that fascinates you, or a person that you would absolutely love to learn from, that you'd be willing to work for free?

"Is there a topic that fascinates you, or a person that you would absolutely love to learn from, that you'd be willing to work for free?" hmm seems like something I need to sit with for a few days. @CruxisKnight Made an important point about my mindset shift and its starting to hit home, regardless of whatever I do if my head is not screwed on and I can't bounce back from failure or "lack of success". In terms of topic of fascination...I don't know dude I have no answer for that, I will have to let it simmer in the back of my head

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I'm getting pretty deep into the Fastlane lifestyle. With a lot of failed start-ups, I realized how important education is. Pirating books and videos on marketing and coding will open doors but not take you up the stairs. I'm still naive and conflicted on the best route to take.

Should I pay for a course in marketing in particular E-commerce? Or go balls deep into coding school and learn to program? or go into copywriting? Is copywriting dead? Seems like everyone can program these days, and in terms of Ecommerce such skill can be delegated. Marketing and sales appear to be a major weak point for me, I am decent at writing but I fail to tap into the mind of my desired market when running my ads.

Should I go into education again? would be worth it or is there an opportunity cost with experience on more failures?
A common advice that is repeated here is focus on need instead of chasing money. My approach is look at where money is being made, and understand the need that is being served behind the business/sector.

Because there is a long way from knowing a need exists and finding a prototype that works to solve the problem and people will pay money for, whereas when people are already making money servicing a need, most of the questions are answered, you just need to learn, adapt and innovate where necessary.

Then you will naturally know what skills you need to develop. People pay money to solve burning needs and you never for sure know this is a burning need until you see people already paying for it.

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021
I'm blogging selling digital products in internet marketing to affiliate marketers while displaying ads. I'm the guy you buy courses from.

So take it from me, there is free content out there that you can use just as if it was a paid product. I know because my blog has free stuff that people literally pay for but its right there free. The sales from the paid products are more like donations to me, because the free stuff has literally everything you need already. Funny thing is people still buy courses because they think the secrets are in there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.