The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Owners Unaware of Bankruptcy Laws in Entrepreneurial Decisions

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But maybe entrepreneurs should, since the most recent U.S. Census Bureau data estimates that approximately 50 percent of small businesses (less than 500 employees) close within four years of launch. And according to a new study of 90 Iowa small business

Full Story...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Adam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 12, 2007
Minneapolis
Re: Owners Unaware of Bankruptcy Laws in Entrepreneurial Decision

This is a good point. Its so easy to start a business or get into a partnership, but most people can't even begin to understand how hard it is to get out until they try.

My suggestion, though, instead of just planning for bankruptcy, you should have a solid exit strategy. This starts with a solid (if not generic) member control agreement that outlines buy/sell, divorce, dissolution, etc.

A first time business owner will not want to spend any time on this, as they "will not fail", however planning for the end will allow you to succeed well beyond just one failed business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.