What's new

Overtaking the slow lane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Karl619

New Contributor
Joined
Aug 4, 2015
Messages
17
Rep Bank
$235
User Power: 82%
So this is my journey from slow lane drudgery to fast lane success.
I hope to revisit this thread in years to come and reflect on how far I have come.

So I'm at the point now where I am broke but have a bucket full of ideas of my first business.

I have decided to specialise in one area which is travel. More specifically travel planning or vritual travel assistant. A more in depth explanation can be found here:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/holiday-planning-business.61855/

NB: this is not a travel agent business...more a travel consultancy/ personal assitant/ holiday planner. Think wedding planner but for travel.

Now I've never created a business from scratch before - this is my first time, I'm a complete amateur but I'm just going to dive in and see where it takes me...

My site will offer a text service much like gobutler where people can text me any request or question whilst travelling and we will respond quickly with an answer.

My business will offer tailored holidays including hotels, flights, things to do, reservations , activities, taxi hire and so much more.

My first action is to decide on a company name. Using keyword planner I am thinking about something including either "trip planner" or "travel advisor" as they appear to get thousands of searches a month and relatively low competition.

road trips get alot of searches but most domains appear taken.

I guess what I'm asking is how on Earth do you decide a great domain name and confidently settle on one?

Any thoughts on where I should go with this would be greatly appreciated :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

  1. Hevjis e motv ug lizxusft zuas catopitt uggist (Aq vu 5 Lizxusft)
  2. Upmz djuuti e .dun xictovi - Og zua qasdjeti epuvjis Vuq Miwim Funeop, atist xomm vjopl zua jewi qasdjetif .dun epf optvief zua qasdjetif .piv. vjot xomm mief vjin vu epuvjis xictovi.
  3. Ietz vu vzqi epf sinincis - QuqiziMuwitDuspCsiefEpfTqopedj.dun <- Puv vjot muph funeop.
  4. Pu Jzqjipt us Pancist - 4 dep ci vzqif et gus us guas. Dupgatoph.
  5. Ati OptvepvFuneopTiesdj.dun - Vjot xomm raodlmz miv zua lpux og funeop ot eweomecmi. Fup'v tjux funeop peni vuu muph op tiesdj raisz, jokedlist dep tii xjev zua tiesdj epf qasdjeti vji funeop cigusi zua dep.
O tahhitv podjoph fuxp up zuas vsewimt. Xomm ci nadj ietois vu veshiv datvunist. Emtu wemofevi zuas ofie iesmz up, vu wisogz xjev nesliv xepvt.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom