The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Organic pest control

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

ray hernandez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 12, 2018
Hello fastlaners. Since my son was born about 3 years ago, I began to switch to natural insecticide around my home and have greatly strayed away from products containing bifenthrin which is the active ingredient in ortho home defense. Living in south Florida, controlling pests in and out of the home is no small task but I have done so using natural insecticides that I have bought in concentrated forms from various online companies. Anyone in the pest industry know the legalities of making this a service business and possibly applying these natural pesticides as a side hustle? Any input would be appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Look into Integrated Pest Management. It is using the methodology that is safest to humans and the environment to eliminate the harmful pests. This is normal to the Pest Control Industry today but the problem as to doing most things organic is that not many organic solutions exist.

Although depending on the situation you can introduce the natural predators to the environment lowering the population of the Pest among other solutions besides chemical based.

It's also interesting to say one of the top revenue companies in the service industry sector is TruGreen with over a billion dollars in revenue. Focusing primarily on spraying lawns etc.

I'm also looking at a value innovation revolving around pest control.

ray hernandez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 12, 2018
Look into Integrated Pest Management. It is using the methodology that is safest to humans and the environment to eliminate the harmful pests. This is normal to the Pest Control Industry today but the problem as to doing most things organic is that not many organic solutions exist.

Although depending on the situation you can introduce the natural predators to the environment lowering the population of the Pest among other solutions besides chemical based.

It's also interesting to say one of the top revenue companies in the service industry sector is TruGreen with over a billion dollars in revenue. Focusing primarily on spraying lawns etc.

I'm also looking at a value innovation revolving around pest control.
Thank you for the response, I agree I use tru green and they are at my house for minutes and charge a great deal. Pest control is a niche I greatly enjoy, especially the organic aspect since I do not like spraying harsh chemicals around my son. I had an idea for something pertaining in the natural pest control space which involved the use of foggers. I had a bad spider infestation in a new truck believe it or not I refused to use bug foggers out of fear that it would harm my son, those chemicals soaking into chairs and baby chairs is not good. I had an idea for an alternative to those kinds of foggers but couldn’t figure out a way to simplify it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.