Hey Fellow Fastlaners
I am waiting on several final estimates on my app that should be here in the next day or 2, in the meantime, I have been brainstorming about my idea for a video tutorial. The video series will explain the basics of WordPress from installing it WordPress on your server to advanced features, using premium themes/plugins, setting up Google analytics, web hosting, buying domains, and really everything that someone with absolutely no web experience would need to know to get a site up and running. All of this will be sold for $15-$20 via a PPC advertising and a squeeze page with a video. to test the market I am going to make a dummy page and spend a hundred or so $ on both a google campaign and a Facebook campaign.
Before I even do any market testing, I would like to know what you all think of this idea. For you guys experienced in web development, would you at one point have been interested in this product? For all you guys who have no clue about WordPress or any web design, do you think this would appeal to someone like you if you had no clue I existed and just saw an ad on Facebook or Google? I want to hear your opinion!
It is completely legitimate, I am not trying to scam people like some of these products do. The videos will all someone needs to get from point A (an idea but no experience) to point B (a real website with lots of experience and knowledge). My goal is to provide a real, helpful product that will bring in satisfied customers.
I will be using advertising, it will not be a website ranked #1 in Google for Learn WordPress, and we have to assume that people buying this will have no knowledge of free services that do something similar, I know there is a lot of stuff in this market, I am not trying to dominate it, just make a small amount of $$ to re-invest in other businesses.
That's about it, what do you guys think of it, something you or people you would know would use? Anything detrimental I am missing in this project? Pros? Cons? I'm all ears! :smx1:
I am waiting on several final estimates on my app that should be here in the next day or 2, in the meantime, I have been brainstorming about my idea for a video tutorial. The video series will explain the basics of WordPress from installing it WordPress on your server to advanced features, using premium themes/plugins, setting up Google analytics, web hosting, buying domains, and really everything that someone with absolutely no web experience would need to know to get a site up and running. All of this will be sold for $15-$20 via a PPC advertising and a squeeze page with a video. to test the market I am going to make a dummy page and spend a hundred or so $ on both a google campaign and a Facebook campaign.
Before I even do any market testing, I would like to know what you all think of this idea. For you guys experienced in web development, would you at one point have been interested in this product? For all you guys who have no clue about WordPress or any web design, do you think this would appeal to someone like you if you had no clue I existed and just saw an ad on Facebook or Google? I want to hear your opinion!
It is completely legitimate, I am not trying to scam people like some of these products do. The videos will all someone needs to get from point A (an idea but no experience) to point B (a real website with lots of experience and knowledge). My goal is to provide a real, helpful product that will bring in satisfied customers.
I will be using advertising, it will not be a website ranked #1 in Google for Learn WordPress, and we have to assume that people buying this will have no knowledge of free services that do something similar, I know there is a lot of stuff in this market, I am not trying to dominate it, just make a small amount of $$ to re-invest in other businesses.
That's about it, what do you guys think of it, something you or people you would know would use? Anything detrimental I am missing in this project? Pros? Cons? I'm all ears! :smx1:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
