- Joined
- Sep 21, 2023
- Messages
- 9
Rep Bank
$165
$165
User Power: 78%
Hi everyone! My name is Liza, I'm an immigrant living in Berlin.
We moved to Berlin because of my husband's work (he is a programmer). In this emigration I am a stay at home mom with two two year old twins without childcare. Before moving, I was a designer and illustrator, also did some painting. I freelanced a lot, even had experience in web development (I have a master's degree in Computer Science).
Last year we decided that we wanted to try our hand in the US and I prepared a petition for EB1-a visa as an extraordinal talent (Art). Unfortunately (or fortunately) I was approved only 2 criteria out of the required 3 - jury and exhibitions. Jury was the weakest criterion of all, in my opinion, I was very surprised. After seeing what documents were approved for this criterion, I realized that I myself can do such competitions and invite other artists who want to realize in the field as members of the jury.
The main difference between my projects and others is that each contestant receives a complete package after participation, the winner receives a cash prize and the opportunity to be a jury member in future contests. Another way to become a jury member is to send your portfolio and CV and the board of curators will make a decision.
The plan was simple: make a website, make publications on exhibition aggregator sites and that's it, PROFIT.
I put together a site myself, invited my friends to be \jury members and organized 2 personal exhibitions (mine and my friend's), made the process of applying for contests, organized the first contest and began to make publications on sites, it turned out that not everything is so simple - most free or cheap publications (up to $30 per announcement) are somewhere at the very end of the list, where no one sees them, paid can cost up to $450 for a year. It doesn't seem like much, but for now I can't invest that much in a “test and hobby” project. ChatGPT advised me to make posts in Facebook and Reddit groups, I'll have to look into that.
Due to time constraints (parents of multiples, hello) and my first micro failure, I decided to post here to socialize with other people and get some motivation to keep going
I'm also thinking of running Google Ads specifically on art professionals who are looking to improve their CV so that there will be jury submissions. I did another project of mine a couple years ago and facebook and instagram ads seemed so value for money to me.
I want to post my actions, successes and failures on that project here so that there is motivation to continue and accountability
Can I post a link to the site here?
Thank you for your attention
We moved to Berlin because of my husband's work (he is a programmer). In this emigration I am a stay at home mom with two two year old twins without childcare. Before moving, I was a designer and illustrator, also did some painting. I freelanced a lot, even had experience in web development (I have a master's degree in Computer Science).
Last year we decided that we wanted to try our hand in the US and I prepared a petition for EB1-a visa as an extraordinal talent (Art). Unfortunately (or fortunately) I was approved only 2 criteria out of the required 3 - jury and exhibitions. Jury was the weakest criterion of all, in my opinion, I was very surprised. After seeing what documents were approved for this criterion, I realized that I myself can do such competitions and invite other artists who want to realize in the field as members of the jury.
The main difference between my projects and others is that each contestant receives a complete package after participation, the winner receives a cash prize and the opportunity to be a jury member in future contests. Another way to become a jury member is to send your portfolio and CV and the board of curators will make a decision.
The plan was simple: make a website, make publications on exhibition aggregator sites and that's it, PROFIT.
I put together a site myself, invited my friends to be \jury members and organized 2 personal exhibitions (mine and my friend's), made the process of applying for contests, organized the first contest and began to make publications on sites, it turned out that not everything is so simple - most free or cheap publications (up to $30 per announcement) are somewhere at the very end of the list, where no one sees them, paid can cost up to $450 for a year. It doesn't seem like much, but for now I can't invest that much in a “test and hobby” project. ChatGPT advised me to make posts in Facebook and Reddit groups, I'll have to look into that.
Due to time constraints (parents of multiples, hello) and my first micro failure, I decided to post here to socialize with other people and get some motivation to keep going
I'm also thinking of running Google Ads specifically on art professionals who are looking to improve their CV so that there will be jury submissions. I did another project of mine a couple years ago and facebook and instagram ads seemed so value for money to me.
I want to post my actions, successes and failures on that project here so that there is motivation to continue and accountability
Can I post a link to the site here?
Thank you for your attention
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
