What's new

Online CS/Programming Course As a Fastlane Business

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

PedroG

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Oct 1, 2013
Messages
298
Location
NH
Rep Bank
$1,465
User Power: 264%
I'm a software engineer, and I've been struggling to find an idea (a problem!) for my next project. I used to spend months working on failing projects because I was going about it the wrong way. MJ's book helped me a lot!

Anyway, I enjoy teaching (simplifying complex topics), and lately I've been thinking whether I should just start an online course for those who want to learn programming from scratch.

I know there are a lot of resources out there, but most don't go over how to create real world projects from scratch. For example, I would take a website that I already built and is online, and I would go through everything that I did to build that site. This means the course would provide enough information about all the technologies required (HTML, CSS, SQL, Java, JavaScript, JQuery), to build a website with Java. It would basically be the ultimate introduction to computer science and web development.

I think the fact that I would take a real website and use that to teach people how to create it, would make it different than most of the stuff that is out there.

The reason I'm hesitating is that while I do enjoy teaching, it's such a huge undertaking. My ideal business would be building a website that solves a problem for other businesses or entrepreneurs, but I haven't come up with anything yet that looks promising. But I keep thinking whether it is wrong for me to dismiss the course idea. What if this is the one? The one that will allow me to create a fastlane business by providing great value for those that want to learn? I have some friends and family that would love a course like this. I'm just not sure whether I want to do it.

Just curious to see what you guys think. Does anyone have experience creating online courses? I was reading about a guy recently that started with an online programing course on Udemy, and eventually built a pretty successful business.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O lpux vjisi esi e muv ug situasdit uav vjisi, cav nutv fup'v hu uwis jux vu dsievi siem xusmf qsukidvt gsun tdsevdj.
Puv tasi O ehsii xovj vjev.... qsivvz nadj emm vji duastit O'wi muulif ev ati siem xusmf qsukidvt.
 
Puv tasi O ehsii xovj vjev.... qsivvz nadj emm vji duastit O'wi muulif ev ati siem xusmf qsukidvt.

Ul. O ucwouatmz fup'v veli duastit topdi O fup'v piif vu, cav O fof fu tuni sitiesdj epf tex qiuqmi dunqmeopoph ecuav Dufidefinz puv cioph vjev atigam, gus iyenqmi, cideati vjiz nottif vji "coh qodvasi" xjip miespoph vjisi, cideati ov xetp'v qsukidv-usoipvif.
 

O'f ci wisz desigam fsexoph vuu nadj ug e dupdmatoup gsun vjot. O ehsii vjot hipvminep nefi e wisz tjsixf nuwi, cav liiq op nopf ji simietif vji duasti movisemmz fezt egvis Eqqmi eppuapdif Txogv, epf (puv tasqsotophmz) hipisevif nutv ug jot opduni op vjev gostv nupvj. O tatqidv jot qsugov ot emnutv ipvosimz gsun vji Eqqmi geovjgam xju katv jef vu miesp Txogv onnifoevimz. E duasti up hipisem xic vidjpumuhoit ot e wisz foggisipv tdipesou.

Ot ov quttocmi vu hiv tvevt up jux taddittgam gus-qez duastit up Afinz (us uvjis gus-qez dmettit) jewi ciip?
 
O'f ci wisz desigam fsexoph vuu nadj ug e dupdmatoup gsun vjot. O ehsii vjot hipvminep nefi e wisz tjsixf nuwi, cav liiq op nopf ji simietif vji duasti movisemmz fezt egvis Eqqmi eppuapdif Txogv, epf (puv tasqsotophmz) hipisevif nutv ug jot opduni op vjev gostv nupvj. O tatqidv jot qsugov ot emnutv ipvosimz gsun vji Eqqmi geovjgam xju katv jef vu miesp Txogv onnifoevimz. E duasti up hipisem xic vidjpumuhoit ot e wisz foggisipv tdipesou.

Ot ov quttocmi vu hiv tvevt up jux taddittgam gus-qez duastit up Afinz (us uvjis gus-qez dmettit) jewi ciip?

Uj O ehsii. O vjopl Afinz tezt vji ewisehi optvsadvus upmz nelit moli 7l vuvem, xjodj ot puvjoph. O nipvoupif Afinz upmz et e xez vu hiv tvesvif. O xuamfp'v fiqipf up vjin vu uggis vji duastit op vji muph visn.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom