The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online businesses?

David

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 14, 2008
Sydney
Hi guys,

Just a question, what are the recommended computer languages one must learn to beable to build successful ad/affiliates websites? I've got this great idea but not much money to beable to professionals to do all the work for me (but plan on using income made from the site if successful on programers and webdesigners). Anyways the only investment I'm thinking about at the moment is a laptop and some books on php and mysql.

Anyways guys, any help would be great!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mackpt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 22, 2008
Lisbon, Portugal
Well, you'll need

HTML and XHTML to make the core of the site... These are your foundation.

CSS and Javascript if you plan to fancy it up, with ajax and such.

XML if you need to syndicate.

SQL for the database where you'll keep all the data.

PHP to manipulate the database.

PHP is pretty much the standard this days, so it's always a good choice, but don't forget the (X)HTML because it really is the foundation.

Keep it simple and functional. The one requirement in the market is a simple, functional platform that anyone can use.

Keep me posted on your projects. Maybe we can work together in the future, I have a few projects of my own on the back burner. ;)

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
For a basic affiliate site (or Adsense, if thats what you mean by ad), not much of any programming beyond HTML. Even then, you can just use a WYSIWYG editor such as NVU (completely free.) In my experience its often better to use third party solutions before having any systems custom programmed anyways. This gives you an idea about what features you do or don't need and minimizes wasted time.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts