The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online Biz

ErikV10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 2, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm a new member here. Just got invited to join the forum by a fellow Talk Lambo member, PhxMJ.

The reason why I joined is to get more insight on starting an online business. I'm currently in Real Estate right now. My parents just got me into it several months ago. I got a condo near UIC Chicago and already have college students who will be boarding there.

I'm 17 and I want to make more money, not by working at Jewel but rather start my own business online. What are some online business that will actually make me money? I have been looking all over the place but then I have no clue whether it is a scam or not that's why I'm here to ask the pros. Right now, I'm leaning more towards Ebay.. drop shipping.

If you guys have more time in your hands, can you also please give me tips on how to be successful in this kind of business.

Thanks in Advance

-Erik

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
I am currently doing research for online businesses that seem to be great niches to venture into.

There are many things you can do. MJ mentions services as great and many will agree. Find a need and fill it. Even on ebay.

JOe

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Hey guys,

I'm 17 and I want to make more money, not by working at Jewel but rather start my own business online. What are some online business that will actually make me money? I have been looking all over the place but then I have no clue whether it is a scam or not that's why I'm here to ask the pros. Right now, I'm leaning more towards Ebay.. drop shipping.

If you guys have more time in your hands, can you also please give me tips on how to be successful in this kind of business.

Thanks in Advance

-Erik

Try something that you have interest in. Not what makes one person money. I have a friend who has a full time job and is all into HAM radios and anythinig radio related. He notices that some special cables for the radio's he was buying he could make himself for $2.00 and they were selling for as much as $25. He made a couple, and put them up on Ebay. They have been selling real well since. He also found a supplier in China that sell these radio boxes and he ordered a buch and he just got his shipment in this week and he's about to start selling those too. Things appear to be taking off for him. And I think it's because he enjoys messing with and talking about radios, not because it makes money.

While he's not getting rich, he is making an extra $50-$100 a day doing something he enjoys doing.

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
:iagree: While I agree that doing what interests you is somewhat important...making money is what it's really all about. I think that you can be unhappy working 14 hours a day with something that you enjoyed when you first started......only to have it become a repetition or even worse: work. You should stick to what you know (and probably enjoy) but that's not a prerequisite. Do what will work best for you with the least involvement. I do agree, however, that things that interest you can be a great springboard for building wealth, and I am sure we all feel the same in one extent or another, Z5.

PS Welcome to the forums =) I haven't seen you around before, glad to see us up to 80 members now! I feel excited about being around people who think like we all do! :seeya:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
:iagree: While I agree that doing what interests you is somewhat important...making money is what it's really all about. I think that you can be unhappy working 14 hours a day with something that you enjoyed when you first started......only to have it become a repetition or even worse: work. You should stick to what you know (and probably enjoy) but that's not a prerequisite. Do what will work best for you with the least involvement. I do agree, however, that things that interest you can be a great springboard for building wealth, and I am sure we all feel the same in one extent or another, Z5.

PS Welcome to the forums =) I haven't seen you around before, glad to see us up to 80 members now! I feel excited about being around people who think like we all do! :seeya:

I used to own a retail business that did pretty well. But I found out I hated the retail business, the hours and dealing with the people. I don't care how much I could of made doing it, you could not of paid me enough to keep doing it. I was totally miserable.

Now I dabble in something I enjoy doing. I don't make dirt, but I have passion for it.

Since that experience, I am a majot preacher of "Do what you love doing and have passion for. Cause if you don't love it, you won't be truely successful". I know that sounds like some Trump line, but I think it's totally true.

If you do something you have passion for, you'll be better at it, and the money will follow. Don't pick a business because you think you can get rich off it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.