What's new

One way or another...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Kieran Gordon

New Contributor
Joined
Feb 7, 2016
Messages
1
Location
New Zealand
Rep Bank
$125
User Power: 100%
My story in a nutshell: I was an athlete and represented my country. While doing that I finished a degree in economics and entrepreneurship. I retired from sport at 22 and knowing that I wanted to be an entrepreneur took a sales job as I thought it would be a valuable skill set. After 8 months in my first real 9-5 job I quite and purchased a 50% shareholding in a company with a projected turnover of 220K with my life savings. This was 15K plus 20k that would be interest free for a year from my business partner.

Unfortunately my new purchase was in breach of commandment three... control. This year has been a major learning experience. I have had my nose spread across my face so many times this year because of control and when you add further mistakes that just come from being a newbie to directing... its been a rough ride.

Unfortunately at this point I am earning close to nothing from my business while working on it full time, living off instant noodles to get by, $20,000 in debt from the recent payment to my business partner... I can confidently say the struggle is real.

My company: My company is called The Biggest Transformation http://thebt.co.nz/ It is a licencing company. We provide a brand, IP & training to personal trainers that allows them to pull off a new business model which they pay us for. It makes personal training more affordable and accessible to clients by providing it in team training (groups of three people as apposed to one on one). This also means that the trainer can double their hourly rate from $60/hr to $120/hr. Although this works successfully and we have national demand its the gyms who hold the keys to providing this program to personal trainers...

Where to ?
I have a plan. My plan is to try provide the program directly to gyms for them to run it and have personal trainers pay them to use it. This turns the gyms into my customer rather then my barrier and I regain control. I'm going to put my foot down, really put my foot down for the next 6 weeks and get a gym on board, make a sale and finally move my company forward again. If I don't accomplish this in the next 6 weeks my company will likely go under.

Chin up
On the bright side I have definitely done more learning this year then I did with 4 years at uni. Whats more I found my passion in life. I love the all encompassing challenge of running my own company, the possibility for real success, the leadership, and watching your ideas move forward and come to life.

My success may not come this year, or the one after... but im going to hustle until I make it.

Any advice or support during my journey on this forum is more than welcome.

And yes... I've read the book.

- Kieran

"It's not about money or connections- it's the willingness to outwork and out-learn everyone..And if it fails, you learn from what happened and do a better job next time."
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom