The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One Touch Ultra 100 test strips?

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
If anyone knows where I can order these glucose strips wholesale (around $30-$45 per box) and the distributor can handle drop-ship orders of 1-2k per month please pm me.

I found a couple of sellers on amazon but see that they are selling damaged boxes along with the good and that wouldn't work.

if you can point me in the right direction or if you yourself distribute these I would love to speak with you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago
ha...I was looking at this awhile ago.
I ended up backing off because the possible headaches that could come if the strips werent the best. I would imagine it could be trouble if someone went into shock because one was faulty.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
I have a potential ongoing buyer that really wants these, I suspect possible exporting.

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago
you can for sure find them oversees...again, the issue is the quality.
If I remember right, when I was reading reviews people were weary of strips from non U.S. companies...but what they say, and what they do (buy) is a lot different.
Even if you didnt have a buyer, those things are easy to sell...you just have to find the right ones.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
you can for sure find them oversees...again, the issue is the quality.
If I remember right, when I was reading reviews people were weary of strips from non U.S. companies...but what they say, and what they do (buy) is a lot different.
Even if you didnt have a buyer, those things are easy to sell...you just have to find the right ones.

Do you have a recommended source with legitimate strips? I need the Ultra 100s.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
When I was in Africa, I had one guy ask me to get these for him. Thanks for reminding me of it. Apparently, diabetes is increasing alot over there and he has the machine but the strips are very hard and expensive to get over there. Most people go to the hospital to get tested once a week and I think it costs them $10 per test, which is alot if you make $100 a month. So if you have one of these handheld machines, everyone wants you to test them, so the strips run out fast!

I even took this photo of it so I would remember. :)

IMG_1398.jpg

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
I was researching this a few weeks ago, Alibaba has a whole category dedicated to these I believe. You'd need to invest to see which manufactures quality strips.

btw.. brand them if you can. "Compatible with One Touch Ultra"

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
How would you ever know if the strips were accurate or not?

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
How would you ever know if the strips were accurate or not?

I guess you'd have a standard to work against.E.g. test yourself at same time with other more reputable test strips.
It's hard though, as even those can have a high margin of error

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
But say you buy 10,000 stips from China how do you know ALL of them are accurate?

Have you see the threads where guys have bought products from China and over 20% are unsalable. No way to know this about test strips.

As one who has gone through over 100 strips with the intent of seeing how to get as lean as possible, I know for myself that even the same time of day and same circumstances doesn't mean you will get the same reading.

I wonder what the cost of actually manufacturing strips are. Anyone have insight into this?

D

DeletedUser2

you can use a glucose solution for testing. its a standardized test solution.

alot of these are made over seas, the buyers (Johnson and Johnson) had the clout to send them back, and demand a higher % be useable, but they still come with testing solution ect.

I think your best bet is to see if you can start by being an affiliate to one of the major brands, and establish your sales channels first.

see if you can get a discount to the strips.

THEN go overseas and see if you can buy in large enough bulk, that you can force a limit of 5-10% fail rate, out of the manufactures.

If someone comes up with a good affiliate program, or comes up with a good manufacture, let me know. im in line to be a buyer.

Z

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.