The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One thing I picked up watching an MJ video last year

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jeffrey Luke

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Sep 27, 2016
Seattle
Hi All,

There was one nugget that I learned watching a YouTube video interview with MJ DeMarco. After explaining the book and talking about some of the problems entrepreneurs face, he left viewers with one piece of advice. I thought it was so good I wrote it down on a plastic coffee cup lid, because that was all I had to write on at the time!

The idea was that anything you can do to create something valuable for people that exists independent of your time is a step in the right direction.

It could be a video you make, a podcast, or some downloadable product or software. The key is to just start that process and make something for others to access without your time connected to it. I just wanted to share that with people on the forum, because I've looked at that coffee lid several times, and it always serves as a great reminder. Since then I've taken positive steps forward and my business is finally gaining momentum.

I hope this nugget is helpful to those of you just getting started.

Jeff

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The idea was that anything you can do to create something valuable for people that exists independent of your time is a step in the right direction.

Ha, yes! A great example is that video -- I think I did it 6 years ago!

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Hi All,

There was one nugget that I learned watching a YouTube video interview with MJ DeMarco. After explaining the book and talking about some of the problems entrepreneurs face, he left viewers with one piece of advice. I thought it was so good I wrote it down on a plastic coffee cup lid, because that was all I had to write on at the time!

It could be a video you make, a podcast, or some downloadable product or software. The key is to just start that process and make something for others to access without your time connected to it. I just wanted to share that with people on the forum, because I've looked at that coffee lid several times, and it always serves as a great reminder. Since then I've taken positive steps forward and my business is finally gaining momentum.

I hope this nugget is helpful to those of you just getting started.

Jeff

A great nugget/reminder for all of us.

On a slightly different topic, I hope you also have it written down somewhere else.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
That's the exact reason why I've been focusing more on my YouTube channel lately. I want to make it a 24/7 lead-generating machine that works for ME years down the line.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
why don't you shoot videos anymore ? it takes 15 minutes of your time. it won't kill your day.

I shot videos when I was promoting TMF when it initially released. I might start doing them again once I enter the marketing phase of my second book.

Sorry, but they don't take 15 minutes.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I shot videos when I was promoting TMF when it initially released. I might start doing them again once I enter the marketing phase of my second book.

Sorry, but they don't take 15 minutes.
Make a book that will be 10x as powerful as The Millionaire Fastlane is.
We'll kickstart it with thousands of purchases and reviews on day one.
And you know, we are always here for you, whatever you need, no matter what.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.